Is there a way to TURN OFF the automatic stroke that every single new shape gets?

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Photoshop started adding a default stroke to every new shape since a long time ago. I don't know why it does this, I never asked for this, and i CERTAINLY do not want this. It's horribly frustrating to my user flow. 

Is there a way to TURN OFF the automatic stroke that shapes get? (Please be yes)

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you've inadvertently applied a default style to objects. One way of changing this would be to reset the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences (then close and reopen the application).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can probably do as a last resort... Save a Shape Tool preset with the settings you like. If that doesn't stay active, look into event scripts. It could select that Shape tool preset every time you start PS or open/start a new document. Then it will probably hold.

-

With an action you could set a whole bunch of tools how you prefer them and have that run automatically. You could also assign an easy hotkey to that action and use it every time before you use the Shape Tool. Or a difficult hotkey and assign it to the side button of a mouse.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not too sure how i would have set a default style to an object, I've never seen the option. The good new is, when i reverted back to 22.0 for another issue, the "Stroke by default" has now disappeared and using shapes are semi normal again. 

Maybe it was a setting i had done inadvertently, or maybe it was an "improvement" to the latest photoshop version (I had read somewhere that stroke by default was something photoshop did)

Either way, all seems good again

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines