Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this again a crack?

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

recently, I happened to stumble on three dishonest sellers in a row whose Acrobat versions were cracked. It seems I begin to become an expert on that field. To enlarge my knowledge i put this question:

Now there is a new offer which seems okay but after questioning the seller why recently he had got two remarks because of non-valid serial numbers, he explained:

Die Software wird mit dem DVD:heavy_plus_sign:-Aktivierungscode aktiviert und muss nicht direkt auf der offiziellen Website von Adobe aktiviert werden.

(The software is activated with the DVD+ activation code and needs not to be activated on the official website).

The offer is titled Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 für Windows BRANDNEU IM BOX

And there is a Photo of a 2015 case, both sides.

It's not legal, anyway, to sell it in Europe, because of the remark on the backside: for US only.

But that put apart: Is this ominous DVD+ activation legal?

Regards

Marieluise

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

@Marieluise261188279cqv 

Can you copy what you wrote (including web links) and send an email to piracy@adobe.com to report it to the proper channels?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marieluise261188279cqv 

Can you copy what you wrote (including web links) and send an email to piracy@adobe.com to report it to the proper channels?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

recently, I happened to stumble on three dishonest sellers in a row whose Acrobat versions were cracked. It seems I begin to become an expert on that field. To enlarge my knowledge i put this question:

Now there is a new offer which seems okay but after questioning the seller why recently he had got two remarks because of non-valid serial numbers, he explained:

Die Software wird mit dem DVD:heavy_plus_sign:-Aktivierungscode aktiviert und muss nicht direkt auf der offiziellen Website von Adobe aktiviert werden.

(The software is activated with the DVD+ activation code and needs not to be activated on the official website).

The offer is titled Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 für Windows BRANDNEU IM BOX

And there is a Photo of a 2015 case, both sides.

It's not legal, anyway, to sell it in Europe, because of the remark on the backside: for US only.

But that put apart: Is this ominous DVD+ activation legal?

Regards

Marieluise

Hello Marieluise,

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like the seller is offering Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 for Windows, claiming that it is "BRANDNEU IM BOX" (Brand New in Box). However, there are some red flags and potential issues with this offer:

1. Activation with DVD+ Activation Code: The seller claims that the software is activated with a DVD+ activation code and does not need to be activated on the official Adobe website. This method of activation is not typical for legitimate software. Legitimate software from Adobe usually requires activation through their official channels, not just with a DVD and activation code alone.

2. "For US Only": The case of the software mentions "For US only." This implies that the software is intended for use in the United States and may not be authorized for use in other regions, including Europe.

3. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 is an older version of the software. As of 2022, the latest version is likely several years newer. This raises questions about the legitimacy of the product being sold as "BRANDNEU" (Brand New) if it is an older version.

Given these points:

• It is highly likely that this offer is not legal.
  • The method of activation described is not standard for legitimate Adobe software.
  • The "For US only" remark on the case suggests that the software is not intended for sale or use in Europe.

It's advisable to avoid purchasing software from sellers with questionable practices, especially when it comes to software piracy or unauthorized distribution. Not only is it illegal, but it can also pose risks such as malware or security vulnerabilities.

If you are in need of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for your work or personal use, it is recommended to purchase directly from Adobe or authorized resellers to ensure you are getting a legitimate, legal copy of the software.

Regards

Adil

By @Marieluise261188279cqv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines