Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issues with Apple Pencil and Photoshop when using Sidecar

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I use Photoshop through the Sidecar feature on my iPad Pro, everything works smoothly, except for one issue with the Apple Pencil. Every time I draw a line, it leaves a dot where the line starts. I have attached a screenshot of what this looks like. I've never had this issue before, even when using a drawing tablet, so does anyone know where this is coming from?

Thanks

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm sorry the app's not working correctly as it keeps leaving a dot when you try to draw a straight line using your Apple pencil. I have a few questions:

* Are you using version the latest version of Photoshop on your iPad?

* What version of iOS are you using?

* Is this happening with every brush? Or certain brushes?

* Does the Pencil work fine with other apps, it's probably not any of these things, but can you check the battery level to make sure you have a full charge and also make sure that the tip is tight.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laylap,

If I understand your question correctly, you are using Desktop Photoshop on a Mac, and using the iPad in Sidecar mode to operate Photoshop. Can you confirm your system (iMac, Macbook Pro, etc) and OS version? Can you also confirm what version of Photoshop you're using?

If you confirm that this is the case, then I will move this question to the Photoshop forum, as this section is primarily targeted for Photoshop Mobile, the iOS app.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently just got a Macbook that can use Sidecar and I haven't experienced the trouble you experienced.  The only thing I've noticed is trying to do a bold, smooth stroke, it ends up looking wobbly as hell.   Its the same in a lot of apps.  But in PS,  I rectified that by turning on smoothing slightly (I had it down to 0 originally). But I'm also only a couple of days into it and trying to dial everything in to my own preferences 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, 

Yes, that's correct. I'm using a Macbook Pro with Catalina 10.15.3. I believe my Photoshop version is 21.2.1.

I appreciate your help!

Layla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laylap, I've moved this to the Photoshop forum, as noted above. Thanks for confirming your problem and situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this same issue with my apple pencil always starting with a dot when I try to draw a line. How can I find this issue on the Photoshop forum?

Thank you,

Cat

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue, but can´t find the topic? Where did ou move it? Could you please add a link to the new location.
Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Is there a know sollution?

(Photoshop 22.5.1, Macbook Pro 16 inch 2019 macOS Big Sur, iPad pro 5th gen iPadOS 15.0.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, did you figure out how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate