• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issue with brush and lasso

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PS since 1995 and am very familiar with the brush and lasso tools. For some reason, in the new version of PS, when I press a mouse button and drag, they do not work. I can get the brush to work w/single clicks, but not click and drag as one would do to paint or burn/dodge etc. Any ideas how to fix?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DTrak23 you can start by resetting the tool (brush) and see if that resolves.

If not, you can also go to Photoshop/Preferences/General and click the reset preferences button and relaunch PS.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1678816804246.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did all that to no avail.
Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DTrak23 can you show a screen shot with the brushes and brush panel active with the chosen brush that does not work?

You're saying the same thing happens with the lasso tool? can you also show a screenshot with the lasso tool selected and the whole workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just quit again and restarted and this time it fixed the problem! No idea. Anyway thanks again.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DTrak23 after you reset your preferences, did you restart Photoshop? That is required for the changes to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get the same problem. If I hit Ctrl T to transform and then come out of it the brush and losso will be working again. Very strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines