• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Page Formatting and Canvas Size

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My name is Alex and I am currently very confused.

I am illustrating a book and we are now working with the publisher to get it the right size. Im currently facing an issue where, in Photoshop, even though I created all the work in an 11 x 8.5 in canvas, the program we are uploading to tells us it is 11 x 8.333 inches. We believe this must have had something to do with making the content in the first place. How can I make sure my canvas is the right size?

Thank you so much. I am happy to answer and follow-up questions as well.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

So your screen on Image Size looks like this?

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 2.43.32 PM.png

What format are you saving as and what program are you loading the images/pages into?

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex - what resolution is your document? Photoshop measures in pixels so if the size w&h in inches x resolution is not a whole number it wont calculate out properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!

Right now, the resolution is 3300 x 2550 pixels. This is what photoshop converts from 11in x 8.5in when I put it in pixels. I am using 300dpi and all the normal settings. 

Thank you for the quick response,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your screen on Image Size looks like this?

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 2.43.32 PM.png

What format are you saving as and what program are you loading the images/pages into?

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just realized the issue - turns out I made a preset for myself but I put in the wrong integer. I am utterly dumbfounded by my incompetence. Thank you so much for all of your help, Kevin. I will never forget your act of dignity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines