• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with duplicating a document for an action

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the newest version of photoshop and when doing so I am now having issues with making an action. After I have worked on a photo and need to batch save for a customer either for printing or for social media I go to make an action to do this all at once. I start by creating an action then going to file duplicate when I did this in the past in the actions panel it would show the name of the action and then under that it would say "Duplicate first doument" and I could continue creating the action until I needed it to stop. Now when I do this instead of the normal "Duplicate first document" it now says "Duplicate document 718" the number on the end always changes. After the action is completed I went to try and do a batch run and instead of duplicating individual photos it duplicates the first one over and over for as many times as there are photos that should have been duplicated. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but would like to get it fixed. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to reset your preferences and try and do proper naming of layers....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you don't change the name, it should just record Duplicate first document as you expect. Before resetting preferences, it might be prudent to backup all custom actions and other presets etc.

Other options include:

* Rather than recording, use the action panel menu to "Insert menu command" and then select the Image > Duplicate command.

* Dupe the command that works in an existing action, then drag the duped step out of the original action to the new action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My current Photoshop is doing this as well.  I'm not trying to duplicate a layer I'm want to duplicate a whole document.  

When I'm building my action I right click on the top of the document frame select "duplicate" then flatten, then do an image resize and save.  But it remembers the name of the new document created which has nothing to do with any of the layers or even the file name of the document. 

It says that document is unavaiable.  This goofs up my entire workflow when creating variations of any file from one PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines