• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the does adobe have to change so much in photoshop each update?? Finding the correct videos and tutorials is the biggest pain! 2019 is different then 2020 and 2021. It's absolutely ridiculous! If I didn't have to use photoshop for my classes I never would. Shapes are gone and I don't have options on my mac in the same place others show in videos. I HATE photoshop, [ abuse removed ]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Hi @Cameron24899349n8js 

• Changes
    Bookmark this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html and read it when a new version is released. If you don't want any changes, you can always turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app.

• Tutorials
    Some tutorials were put up by users 10 or more years ago and things have changed. You can always post a screen shot and tell us which tutorial you are following and a volunteer on the forums will try to assist. 
    Start with the tutorials f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Cameron24899349n8js 

• Changes
    Bookmark this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html and read it when a new version is released. If you don't want any changes, you can always turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app.

• Tutorials
    Some tutorials were put up by users 10 or more years ago and things have changed. You can always post a screen shot and tell us which tutorial you are following and a volunteer on the forums will try to assist. 
    Start with the tutorials from Adobe: 
    https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html
    Then try The Photoshop Training Channel:
     https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdQ_ZkYaMe6qPoueUyPQgpQ

• Shapes
    Shapes are not gone. Open the Shapes panel from the Window menu (not options bar) > open the panel menu > Click "Legacy Shapes and more" (assuming those are the shapes you can't find).

• Hating Photoshop
    It sounds like you are trying to use Photoshop without learning it first. After watching the tutorials listed above, go to LinkedIn Learning and watch Julieanne Kost's Essential Training. You can get a free trial; after that it's a paid subscription. Also purchase and work through Photoshop Classroom in a Book by Conrad Chavez. Be sure to get the edition that matches your version of Photoshop.

Please post here in a new thread every time you get stuck. Screenshots are useful. We love to help new users such as yourself!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is your question in need of this user to user support forum?

Every new build has provided has a "What's New" page that defines that as seen here as ONE example:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-23-3-2-amp-photoshop-3-6-on...

You actually do need to RTFM (and release notes) to find out what has changed.

Do you realize you can turn off Auto-update and keep the version you have as long as you wish?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you realize you can turn off Auto-update and keep the version you have as long as you wish?"

So even that has changed? 😄

So they don't take your version 22 away anymore when they go to 24 or 25?

They simply took mine away, a working version on Win 7, simply because I was on Win 7. I stupidly kept on paying (well, I was also subscribed for a year) until I found the energy to move to Win 10. This left me w/o PS for almost a year, cos they simply deactivate a perfectly running version.

I'm fairly sure they will still do that a few versions in, but again, much may have changed in that year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

“They” can't take away your installed software.

Stop subscription and “they” can stop it from running.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines