• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with the shape tool

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded PS to a new laptop and am having issues with the Shape tool. 

1.  Anytime I try to create a shape free-hand, as soon as I start a pop-up shows where I have to insert the exact pixels I want for the shape.  

2.  The shape does not automatically create a new layer.

3.  I am unable to edit/resize the shape on it's own, it will resize the entire image as it's not on it's own layer.

Help??

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the trouble with Photoshop's shape tool. We are here to help!

When you single-click using the shape tool, you get the Create Shape Dialogue box. Please try to click and drag with the mouse to create your size of choice shapes.

Please check these reference video tutorials and guides to help you get started with the Shape tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/adding-text-shapes-basics.html#create-graphic-shape

& Draw and edit shapes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/drawing-shapes.html

We hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I always click and drag. I've used photoshop for years and have never seen
this happen before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines