Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

javascripts in the script event manager will not be deleted

Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, an other bug in Photoshop 2022

If I add a javascript in the script event manager and later delete it from the folder again, it is still visible in Photoshop 2022 (23.0) German and English Version. Even after restarting the programme or the computer. This was not the case in the old Photoshop 2022. I noticed this under macOS 10.15.7 and Windows 10. See screen shot (<A).

PS2022-2.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

It has already be stated, but just in case something else here helps:

Photoshop – Script Events Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug.

Script Events Manager stores its settings in Script Events Manager.xml file in the Adobe Photoshop Settings folder (Preference file functions, names, locations )
Just delete this file to clear custom events and scripts in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jazz-y,

thanks for your answer. In the German macOS the path and filename is

/Users/<admin>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings/Skriptereignis-Manager.xml

I can delete it and Photoshop creates a new file during the next start.

But I still thinks it's a bug, because Photoshop 2020 updates the content of the file by itself and Photoshop 2022 not 🙂

Best regards,

jens.

For German Photoshop-User I do a small tutorials about on my webpage / Für deutsche Photoshop-Nutzer schreibe ich ein kleines Tutorial darüber auf meiner Website:
Ligaturen und Standardschrift in Photoshop 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Script Events Manager.jsx is a fairly old script that comes with Photoshop. Its code has not changed for many years and the functions for saving settings have been there for as long as I can remember.

// (c) Copyright 2007.  Adobe Systems, Incorporated.  All rights reserved.
// Written by Tom Ruark
// UI Design by Julie Meridian

/*
@@@BUILDINFO@@@ Script Events Manager.jsx 1.1.0.2
*/

/*

Most likely, the reason for this behavior of the script is something else related to your actions or the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing this out. But as a paying customer, I can't understand why I keep being told that one thing or another is old or outdated technology. With almost every new version of the Adobe programmes, the demands on the hardware and operating system of the customers increase. In return, I think Adobe has to keep its programmes up to date with the latest technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. We'd like it was like bugs fixing first, then marketing privileging new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for and delete the "Script Events Manager.xml" file.

Or edit it.

upd. Already said above  : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has already be stated, but just in case something else here helps:

Photoshop – Script Events Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines