• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEG Export PPI

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm finished working on a PSD file I often convert it to JPG for sending to the printer.  I noticed on the last couple of Photoshop releases the PPI is set at 72 in the Image Size menu when I use the Export/JPEG function.  I've tried the Save As function but JPG is not one of the save options, only JPEG2000. I want to change this to at least 300, but would prefer to if I could put any amount I choose.  How is this accomplished?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's under Save A Copy. That's where you find jpeg, and all other formats that don't support every property of the original file. This is new from 22.3, but there is a preference setting to revert to the old Save menu.

Export is for web/screen/mobile devices, where ppi is irrelevant. So the ppi metadata are stripped from the file altogether. A file out of Export has no ppi, not 72, not 300. The 72 number appears when the file is reopened into Photoshop, and a default value of 72 is assigned. Other apps might assign other defaults, like 96 in all native Windows apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines