• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpegs saving too large - SOLUTION WITH TUTORIAL

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this issue once again and spent hours going through this forum trying to find a solution. The problem was bloated metadata which I have no idea how it happened. But instead of writing a step by step how-to, I made a video on Youtube showing how I was able to fix it. Someone posted a link in this forum to where I got the info from but it was really confusing to follow so hopefully this video will make it a quick and easy fix for you so you can get back to work. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epgGg-reKWg

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mikep35929273 wrote:

The problem was bloated metadata which I have no idea how it happened.

photoshop:DocumentAncestors metadata is written to a file as a record of copy/paste or placed document ID entries.

It can naturally build up if templates are in use, as each time a new image is copy/pased or placed another line of metadata is added. This metadata is small in itself, however, it can build up. In "normal" use, this shouldn't be much of an issue. Unfortunately, for some users, this is a major issue.

For more information and many different solutions to remove excessive photoshop:DocumentAncestors metadata: https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/06/metadata-bloat-photoshopdocumentancestors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you save the file using "Export as" or "Save for web", you have the option to include, or not, the metadata with significant variation on the file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines