• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jpg files loaded into PS display as flickering B/W images

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I scanned some color images for combining in PS.  When I inserted them into PS the images displayed as B/W flickering.  I tested some other images that successfully displayed in the past and they to flickered.  Tested some other Adobe apps like Acrobat Pro and InDesign and they displayed their content correctly.  I don't believe my video card is at fault because I am using two video displays with  no problems.  Does PS have to be removed and reinstalled?  Are there any other fixes for this problem?  My video card drivers are not up to date but PS worked fine for the last 10 years on this workstation!!!!

An iPhone video of what I see is attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Hi!

One option you might want to try is to select Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable "Deactivate Native Canvas" > Restart Photoshop. 

Let us know if this fixes the issue, or if you are still having the problem?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

One option you might want to try is to select Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable "Deactivate Native Canvas" > Restart Photoshop. 

Let us know if this fixes the issue, or if you are still having the problem?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle,

Thanks for the guidance. Your suggestion worked. I have my PS back!!!!! PS was updated about five days ago based on info in my account. It worked normally prior to the update. Could that update process have changed the setting you suggested I change to "deactivate"?

[ Personal information removed by Moderator ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so glad it is working! I am not sure if it changed it, or if in the new update there is something related to it that is just not compatible.

One thing I would recommend is turning off automatic updates, and when you are ready to move to the next version of Photoshop, do not get rid of your old verison. I am all for moving to the newest technology, but when you are in a production environment, you cannot afford to be without your tools.

Turning off Auto Updates gives you the choice as to when you update. Here is another thread on how to turn off Auto Updates:https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/disable-automatic-updates/td-p/9438981

Then when you update, and this window pops up, uncheck "Delete Previous Version" and continue the install. 

mglush_5-1680281973777.png

This will leave your older version intact. Then when you are satisfied that you are not having issues you can uninstall the old version. 

I am glad to hear you are back up and running!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason it cut me off! Here is the fill URL:

Here is another thread on how to turn off Auto Updates:https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/disable-automatic-updates/td-p/9438981

When you are ready to update, make sure you uncheck "Remove Old Version." By doing this, it will leave the older version there in case you need to use it. Then you can uninstall it when you are satisfied that the new version is working properly.

I am glad to hear you are back up and running!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines