• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG images look corrupted when opened in Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if I do a lossless optimization of a jpeg image using this open source tool on Windows, and then open it in Photoshop 24.0.0, the jpeg looks all corrupted.

It looks all right in all browsers (FF, Chrome, IE) and image viewers I have. If I upload it to my wordpress site, a plugin converts it to webp, avif and different thumbnail sizes without problems.

If I'm correct, the tool just uses well-known open source command line tools and libraries to compress images, like ones popular on *nix servers to bulk compress images. So it might not be limited to this specific tool.

Left original jpg opened in PS, right the optizimed one.

ps-bug.jpg.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as lossless jpeg compression, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Jpeg is lossy compression.

However, there is a new AI filter in Photoshop that will remove jpeg artifacts after the fact. Maybe that's what you need. I've tested it, and it works really well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure "lossless" instead of lossness, whatever. Still everything opens the jpg except Photoshop. Your second paragraph is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please zip up one of the JPEG you've exported? Post a URL to the file using CC files or dropbox, or something similar to share the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines