• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Droplet not working for MacOS Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a simple PS droplet, it will go to the desktop, but when I drag a .jpg photo to the droplet, it says the droplet is damaged. So then I open the droplet and close it and it seems to open Photoshop, but then it won't open a new image and save the droplet preset actions to a new image. 

I am in admin mode on my MacOS Ventura.

What else could it possibly be?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Hi @Samantha29451764ompg do not rewrite the droplet or adjust your Photoshop.

This is a known Ventura issue.

1. Go to Finder and select your droplet.
  2. Right-click and open.
  3. The error message will come up. Click open.
    kevinstohlmeyer_0-1688733584541.png

4. This will open in the Droplet app (Mac Ventura).
  5. Quit the app and your droplet will now work.
    @Ranjisha Sengupta you should note this for any future reports of broken droplets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024
Right-Click on the Droplet in the Finder. Click OPEN. The droplet should
work after that.

g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Samantha29451764ompg 

Thanks for observing and sharing this with us. We are happy to assist. 

Which version of Photoshop are you using? Would you mind sharing more details on the workflow of the droplet you created? Have you tried re-creating the droplet?

Please ensure that the droplet is configured correctly. Double-check the settings for the droplet, such as the destination folder, output options, and file format. Make sure the destination folder exists and that you have appropriate write permissions.

You can try re-installing the application after backing up your settings, brushes, and workspaces. Steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Samantha29451764ompg do not rewrite the droplet or adjust your Photoshop.

This is a known Ventura issue.

1. Go to Finder and select your droplet.
  2. Right-click and open.
  3. The error message will come up. Click open.
    kevinstohlmeyer_0-1688733584541.png

4. This will open in the Droplet app (Mac Ventura).
  5. Quit the app and your droplet will now work.
    @Ranjisha Sengupta you should note this for any future reports of broken droplets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ranjisha and Kevin,

I have tried the work-around to right click and opened droplet then quit droplet. Unfortunately it won't open in photoshop or save new image. I am able to do it on PC but not on my MacBook Pro... It is unfortunate because I am running on the newest MacOS and CC. This needs to be solved for Mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try this

If i control click now to open droplet, first time doesnt work, second attempt to open does, then I press capture then ok and then cancel the process (save then destroys the droplet) then use the droplet it works, this method is working 100%.

Best regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah this is ventura. So create the droplet...

Then right click on it to open it. Will say it's damaged.

Then try it again and it will give you a second option to open it with a right click and open.

Open it and it should fix it then and work as normal. This isn't a bug. It's how OSX works now.Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 13.04.22.pngScreenshot 2023-07-31 at 13.04.25.pngScreenshot 2023-07-31 at 13.04.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right click and use Open button no longer works in later versions of Ventura. This is a serious production problem. What is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update to this? Having the same issue and no workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version of Ventura and right-click still pulls up a sub menu with Open or Open With. If you don't have a right-click enabled, use Ctrl+Click on the droplet.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1693311639857.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried on another Mac with the same versions of PS and Ventura. The Ctrl+open works on that one, but still not on the other. The one it's not working on is accessed remotely, so we're starting to think it's a remote issue now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leslie22658111fl1l yes remote accesss does make a difference (bug in Mac OS screen sharing) - Ctrl+click should work on the remote as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Ventura 13.5 (22G74) and there is no Open with... in the right-click menu. Also the earlier fix of right-click and open to get the 3rd Open button on the error message does not work either. I agree this is a production problem and last I looked it isn't even mentioned on the Venture + PS Known Issues page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't access "Open" (not open with) then your only option is to rebuild the droplet from PS. This is a Ventura issue with pre-ventura created droplets. Mac OS is not recognizing the relationship between the droplet and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with brand new droplets. At this point it's looking like a remote issue for me. Still haven't been able to access the open-override on the computer I'm remoting to. Having the on-site IT look into a fix but they're coming up empty so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leslie22658111fl1l but it does work locally?

Why not fix the droplet locally then migrate to the remote computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am talking about. Why aren't more people infuriated? The latest MacOS should support Photoshop functions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Samantha29451764ompg technically the droplet is a script which is breaking in Ventura because it thinks its an app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to create a basic droplet for Save For Web and it's getting rejected by Finder. I tried making my own and it was damaged (image attached). I then tried using one of the default actions and it just did nothing...?

I'm using OS X Ventura. Anybody have this problem at all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just updated to Ventura. My droplets that I have made are not working, so I made them again and whenever I drop something on them I get this error: "droplet" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash. 

Any idea how to get the droplet to work?

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did some further research. It's an OS bug. Here's a workaround: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10MGw1hhFec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are fantastic @jackieg25153876 for coming back and posting the solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the error is "The application (plugin name) can't be opened."

Mac Ventura, latest version, Photoshop latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel Mac, btw. Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.12.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work computer is an iMac with 3.8GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7 running Mac OS 14.3.1 Sonoma with 8GB of RAM, and it’s a few years old. The company I work for is a little slow to upgrade for various reasons, but I recently upgraded the OS to see if it would fix an Acrobat problem (it didn’t, but that’s another story), but now my Photoshop droplets aren’t working.

The droplets are very simple, and the action that they use still works from within Photoshop. When I drop a file onto a droplet, I get the message: “DROPLET-NAME-HERE is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the trash.”

I’ve tried making a new droplet from the existing action, making a new action and a new droplet from it and upgrading my Photoshop from 2022 to 25.4.0, and none of these has worked.

Any thoughts are welcome, and thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines