• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Justification dialogue box in the paragraph tab not working how I expect it to work.

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD 2021
Windows 10 64 bit

You will see in the below pictures that when I change the word spacing using the justification dialogue box, that the changes (if there are any) are barely noticable or having no effect at all. I expected that, as the verbiage in the dialogue box suggested, the space between the words would be more noticable. 

Am I using this tool incorrectly? 

What I am trying to do is to make it so that I have more space between my words but not between my letters. Ideally I'd like to do this en masse and not per each word because it seems very tedious and inefficient to do this for every single word I have written. 

By the way, I am very specifically NOT trying to adjust spacing using tracking, kerning, or horizontal scaling. All I am trying to do is make it so that there is more space between words but NOT letters. I thought that the tool that specifically said "Word Spacing" would work as described but I guess not lol. Figure I'd ask here first before I dismiss the tool and the font. 

Thank you for your help.

Screenshot (53).pngScreenshot (54).pngScreenshot (55).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So since I didn't get any replies here, I figured I'd give a quick update incase someone else comes across this issue. 

I just got off of a chat with adobe support. We had mixed results. I am acutally using two devices.

1. Desktop windows 10 64 bit with PSD 2021

2. Lap top Windows 11 64 bit PSD 2022

When the issue arose on my desk top I sent the file to my lap top. Neither one worked. 

When I got with tech support they were able to solve this issue with a new document only. Which kind of didn't help because I needed to make these edits on an exisiting document. 

I then told the tech that I was unable to produce his results on my lap top(PSD 2022). He remoted in and had no luck fixing this issue. 

to reiterate the probelm I needed solved, it is this:

I want to easily, en masse, increase the space between words on exisiting documents.

like     this     for      example 

but NOT

T  H   I   S  O R  T H A T

The only obvious options I found to increase space between anything, (tracking, kerning, horizontal scaling) were not the options I needed. I thought I found a solution, but alas, it was too good to be true. I'll share it with you anyways incase it might be able to help. Window > Paragraph > Hamburger menu > Justification. . . 

When you click Justification. . . a dialogue box appears with a few different options. The one I thought would work was labeled "word spacing." Sounds pretty intuitive, NOT. I thought, "increase the percentage, increase the space between words." However, when I increased the percentages, I wasn't able to get results most times. It wasn't until I closed PSD 2021 on my desktop and came back to it a day later that miraculously it started working as I wanted it to on NEW documents only. I was unable to get this to work for existing documents for some reason. Furthermore, I was unable to get this work at all on PSD 2022 new or existing documents. 

The tech I spoke with is going to escalate this issue to a senior tech who will tell me either it is a user error (something I am doing inconsitently, a button or field I am missing) or it is a bug and there is nothing I or they can do about it for the moment. 

I'll update this thread again upon success or failure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines