• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard becomes unresponsive and Photoshop freezes when using multiple languages win 10

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

(latest photoshop update installed, windows 10 OS, using a wacom cintiq)

I have experienced my keyboard becoming unresponsive on photoshop only after a few minutes of opening the software. What happens is that none of my keyboard shortcuts work and the canvas freezes, I can't zoom in or out or move the canvas, but I am able to click on the menu. This issue kept happening, even after following the guidelines from Adobe (resetting preferences, etc...).

After researching more, I found out that because I had multiple languages installed on my windows machine, this seemed to cause the crash, as Photoshop didn't seem to know what keys were pressed. I seem to have solved the issue by uninstalling all my language packages except english, but this is a problematic workaround. Could Adobe plese look at this bug for the next release ? I have seen a lot of people complaining about it on my research.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, not Adobe support. 

You can file an enhancement request for new features here: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was using Ctrl+shift for toggling between Mandarin and English, and any time accidentally did this in Photoshop (when attempting to press e.g. Ctrl+Shift plus another key as a hotkey for a Photoshop command), Photoshop froze. Every time. Rather than ininstalling languages, I changed the language toggle key to something I'm highly unlikely to accidentally press while using Photoshop, namely the French grave accent (below the wavy dash aka tilde below the Esc key). Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines