• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut "Modified" Madness continues

Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I finall licked the confusing modified word after years in Photoshop, as don't relaly understand and it's a complete confusing nuisance. So keyboard shortcuts say Larry, change some and there is like 10 save you have to do to get rid of the pesty "modifie" label at end.  (save set save this save that ok this) then not modified

But now migrated from imac to man mini m1, and PS annihitaltes everything, I'm manually draging  keyboard shortcuts back in and see the annoying 'modied" is back. I even DELETED, the folder called modified, but still modfied, I think once gt Modified, your stuck with it and can never bet back to mon moditied? thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow the steps outlined in these posts to migrate between machines?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, no did not know about this. All has to be done before migration between machines?  I'll make not in 5 years when buy next computer. As been saying though/ wish PS would do as Word/ Excel, just bring it all over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@larry45 wrote:

I thought I finall licked the confusing modified word after years in Photoshop, as don't relaly understand and it's a complete confusing nuisance.

The default keyboard shortcuts file that comes with Photoshop cannot be edited and then replaced by choosing Save. When you make an edit, you will get that (modified) word. This is your very useful alert that you are not using the shortcuts as defined by Photoshop.

To clear the word you have two choices:

• Return to the default set of shortcuts without your modifications
  • Save the shortcuts to a new set and give it a name

Changing your own set will also add (modified), but user-defined sets can be re-saved with the same name.

You'll see this in other places as well, such as the joboptions files when you save as a PDF. The default joboptions are listed. If you make a change to one, it will also say (modified). You have the same two choices: either return to the default joboptions or create a new one.

Personally, I don't like to leave these things as (modified) because later I can't remember what my modifications were. When I make modifications, I prefer to go ahead and save as a new set.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane thanks, where see to save new set?  I did click something that created a new dupe called LARRY copy.

Also ineresting it wanted to save it to user, library application support. But I just dropped my backup into user, libarry, preference,  PS 2022 presets, which Kevins link said to do for shortcuts, but this is application support? Maybe that caused the word modifier to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane, Kevin, so got old one made after last post about keyboard shortcut. I named in LARRY.

How it says LARRY modified..

Will have word modified forever or will go away in change something in future? Also it's in preferences, where I maybe in past is was in settings folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines