• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts Stopped working in Photoshop 22.5.1

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really annoying.  If PS has been opened for a while, certain shortcuts stop working.  Using the space bar and CMD to zoom and holding the space bar to use the hand tool.  So, now that I write this, perhaps it's just the spacebar disabling.

Anyway, restarting PS doesn't fix it... I have to restart the whole computer which sucks.

I'm on an iMac Pro 27" (2017) running iOS 11.6 Big Sur. 3.2 GHz 8-Core intel w Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble as you're seeing a problem with the shortcuts in Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using? Since when you're seeing this problem?

Take a look at the following troubleshooting article and try the offered steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/keyboard-shortcuts-stop-photoshop-mac.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.5.1. I think it automatically updates.  -About a month or so.

Also, I followed that exact set of directions when it started and that didn't work. Closing Chrome didn't work.  The only thing that fixes it is restarting the whole computer. Then it takes a few days for the bug to come back.  I use my computer a lot and just put it to sleep when I'm done.  Using multiple applications at once for long periods of time.  But this problem didn't exist before so I dont know what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for trying those steps, we appreciate it. Please try to reset Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. 

Here is the article for the steps:https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html#AdjustpreferencesinPhotoshop

Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action and workspace:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines