Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts working intermittently in Photoshop 2022

Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working in Photoshop, (version 23.4.2) I am running into an issue when using the keyboard shortuts to switch between various tools. I mainly work with the Clone Stamp (S) and Blemish (J) tools, but have also noticed the issue while using the other shortcuts/tools as well.

Let's say I am using the Blemish tool and want to swtich to the Stamp tool... the program will make the change to the tool I want, but then immediately switch back to the tool I was previously on. Sometimes I try again and it performs the task correctly, but other times it take 15+ attempts before finally switching correctly.

This is beginning to get very frustrating, and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User sorry to hear this.

Curious if you have tried changing the springboard keyboard shortcuts time? By default it is set to 200ms which is what it has been for years so if that doesn't work for your workflow, increase the timing or uncheck that option so that spring-loaded keyboard shortcuts are disabled if that fits your workflow.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, Cory. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue. I have now uninstalled, then reinstalled Photoshop from my computer, which seemed to fix the issue. However, today just over a week later, it has started again.

-Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gotten a resolve to this? I'm experiencing it too and its so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, and it is extremely frustrating. Unfortunately everything I have tried has shown to be a temporary fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So i got so fed up with it i chatted w a tech support guy from adobe who did something remotely that helped. It hasn't happened in a few days since i worked with him so fingers crossed. Maybe you could try chatting with someone. But like you said everything i've tried prior has only been temporary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the issue above is persistent, I have found that if I "double click" the keyboard command for the tool that I want to use, it does make the switch. Obviously this is not the ideal solution, but it does seem to work best for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines