Exit

Keyframing location of 3d Spot/Point lights will not accept changes in two axes

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3d scene

video timline

keyframing spot or point light starting at horizon later high noon later opposite horizon

sun rising going across scene and setting

works properly without keyframe involved

When attempting a keyframe change involving for example the x and y axes, light reverts to previous location when attmepting a change in another axes

any thots

21.2.10 mac catalina  all other 3d functions work

Latest version of photoshop doesn't work properly with 3d

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After adding the startpoint keyframe, try moving the timeline to the new time position before moving the light and adding the second/third keyframe

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dr D for the suggestion...same thing happens set start keyframe, move timeline, change x position of light and then y position, light jumps back to previous position..

Did you try to replicate my issue?

Thanks again!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark - I wasn't at my PC when I sent my last reply. I am now and can replicate this in the Windows version using 22.4.3

You can raise a bug report here : https://feedback.photoshop.com/   although I've not seen any 3D bugs resolved in recent versions.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you could replicate your aim of the moving sun by keyframing the rotation of an infinite light.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines