• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kitchen Cabinet rendering software

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to find the best way to render a kitchen with cabinets/appliances and looking for an easy to use platform. I have some Photoshop and CAD skills. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try Blender 3D, it's totally free and an amazing 3D software application, it's a learning curve as with any software, but plenty of tutorials on YouTube

https://www.blender.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great thanks! I'll check it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are starting in Blender out by following tutorials, make sure those tutorials refer to v2.8 or later. The user interface changed considerably between v 2.79 and v2.8 and could cause confusion if you are not used to the application.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing Blender 3d hardware error, everything is fine and working except Blender 3D. Don't know what's the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all started last night, when i restarted my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact error?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have an issue with Blender so you post a me too into Adobe Photoshop?

the Blender forums is the best place to ask your Blender questions

https://www.blender.org/community/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! You can check out these amazing Kitchen Cabinet Rendering Softwares to design.

1. Homestyler
2. Wooddesigner CabinetFile
3. SmartDraw
4. SketchUp Free
5. Cabinet Planner
6. Edraw
7. IKEA Kitchen Planner
8. PolyBoard

I personally use Wooddesigner CabinetFile. It gives more flexibility then other softwares.

Thanks! Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blender would be a huge PITA for rendering kitchen cabinets.  SketchUp would be orders of magnitude better, and way easier to draw everything to perfect scale.  I think you can still get a free version, but you might not be able to use the photorealistic rendering with the free version.  You can still use colours and textures and lighting though.  

Another great thing with SketchUp is that you can do design and automatically add dimensions.  This would be super useful for filling known spaces for instance.  I also find SketchUp a lot easier to learn and use than Blender (even with our Dave's help 🙂 ).  They both have plenty of tutorials, but SketchUp is more intuitive.

The bottom line though, is that SketchUp is by far the better option.

This is my own kitchen and dining room mock up from a few years ago.  This is a straight SketchUp render, but you can get 3D render addons, including some decent free ones

image.png

Anotheer benefit of SketchUp is its 3D Warehouse which has thousands and thousands of free models you can download and use in your projects, and they can all be scaled to fit.  I've spent thousands of hours using Autocad before I retired, but I think I'd probably choose to use SketchUp nowadays.  Plus Autocad is crazy expensive.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first learnt SketchUp with this series of five YouTube videos on building a shed.  It covers all the basic tools and functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Blender would be a huge PITA for rendering kitchen cabinets."

Why? Fast, photorealistic PBR rendering, modelling using real world units and, if you don't want to model eveything there are plenty of libraries to use.

Then in Adobe world there is 3D Stager combined with Substance Painter.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave it might be that SketchUp is similar to Autocad with which I have so much experience, but it still seems to me that SketchUp is a better design tool.  Blender feels more like an art tool, whereas SketchUp is a CAD program like Autocad, and Solidworks.  In fact, Autocad might be better still, but I think it cost thousands of dollars.  Solidworks definitely costs thousands _per_year_ !  but is more for engineering situations.  I'm thinking that SketchUp is a purpose made 3D CAD application that costs somewhere from nothing to not very much. Plus it is easy to use.  I am not finding Blender particularly easy to get into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blender [like Photoshop] is more of a general, little bit of everything software that makes learning it a big investment of your time and brain power... its very good for a free option but suffers for lack of a real focus

SketchUp is more design and layout with a few modeling options... both tools are well worth the effort to learn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great I want to make youtube videos for blogging website. So need kitchen design ideas which looks more beautiful in the videos. i.e I want to make videos like (link removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While this is an interesting subject - this has nothing to do with Photoshop. Please continue the discussion on the appropriate software forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines