lag/freezing using zoom

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using scrubby zoom there is extreme lag. first it just doesn't respond.  then after waiting about 10-20 seconds it works, but happens each time you click on it afresh. using cintiq tablet on 10.15.7 macOS(catalina) with PS 22.5.1  Problem doesn't exist in earlier builds.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hayley, maby your computer is a little slow. I noticed that turing off animated zoom improved my zoom speed. To turn it off go to Edit > Prefrences > Tools > uncheck ted zoom.

or

To improve the overall performance of PS

go to Edit > Prefrences > Performance > and make sure the Use Graphics Processor is checked. You could also lower your history states (The amount of undo's (I keep mine at around 200 but if you use PS to draw I'd reccomend putiing it at around 500) you can also increase memory usage, that should significantly improve PS's speed.

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated problem doesnt occur in previous builds, so not a computer speed issue.  by animated zoom do you mean scrubby---i require it  for work flow.  this is not a set up issue as it only occurs in this view. changing settings inconveniences does not alter.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines