• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laggy Pan and Zoom since the latest update

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the recent update to photoshop these is a problem whenever i pan or zoom there is a lag in responce and somtimes it gets stuck for a few seconds then responds here is what i found so far

1. NO photoshop is not getting hanged

2. There is no spike in GPU GPU RAM or DISK usage when this happens

3. It happes almost every 3-4 time i pan or zoom its starting to get serioult annoying

4. I have tried enableing and disableing animates zoom that is not an issue

5. I have tried enableing and disableing flick panning that is not an issue

6. I have given photoshop the maximun amout of cashe levels and ram that is also not an issue

7. My Desktop has an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x if only lags on AMD processors and i have a laptop with intel     i7-8750H this bug does not happen on intel.

8. Reinstalling the software does not help

9. I NEED HELP....

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar experience here, ie random lags and freezes. BTW I’m on an i9 with 64Gb or RAM and a 12Gb GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's right.
This bug start from Photoshop2022(maybe 23.1, At first, there was no bug like this)
Also, It's very slow when you turn off and on the layers and check the work details.
zoom lag + layer toggle lag is must fix.
Many codes are woven and bugs can occur, but at least I think the essential part of the work needs to be fixed.

And the best answer for all bugs is Photoshop 2015.5. If Adobe employees don't know exactly the criteria for feedback on speed, you can think of Photoshop 2015.5. Most actual workers use that version last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, same here... posted yesterday about it but figured I'd weigh in on this post too... new system, i9-11900H, RTX 3070 w/8gb, 16gb...  Photoshop UI is almost unusable after update. Am in the process of reverting to the previous version as I type this. Hope they find a fix for this soon... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, 

Does the problem occur if rulers are turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

yes it still happens after turning off rulars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see an issue with mousewheel zooming lagging from time to time, but only when the rulers are displayed. I'm unable to see any lagging behavior if the rulers are not being shown. 

If anyone seeing this problem (with rulers off) would take a moment to share specific steps so that I might reproduce the issue here on my end, I'd be happy to look into it in order to work towards a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines