• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Landscape Mixer Bug with Presets broken

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Landscape Mixer for me is not working correctly as it did before. All the Presets act the same and everything looks like cotton candy or all seasons at once jumbled together. It was not like this before when I selected one Preset at a time. Like a winter scene or a sunset, now they all do the same thing. The sliders appear to be opperating correctly, but not the Preset Images. Hope this can be resolved soon as I need to use it for my project. I have version 23.4.2 on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some examples with their settings?  Thanks!

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted an example see the preview image below my message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the button to the right on the Landscape mixer pallet:Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.35.09 PM.pngWhich will Reset the filter, then give it another try.  If that does not work uncheck the use native canvas button in prefs and restart Photoshop.  And if that doesn't work, reset Photoshop's Prefs in the Pref's panel General, and that should solve the problem.   

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried that with the reset and did not help.

I looked at the use Native Canvas in the preferences but it was already unchecked. I then reset the Photoshop prefernces and then restarted Photoshop but the same problem is there. The silders below the filter work fine. However it does not matter what preset is chosen. Whether sunset or winter or any preset the same settings to the filter always appear and are never different. For some reason the Preset choices are broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay!  Open Creative Cloud and all the way on the right of the Open button for Photoshop are 3 dots.  Click those and choose Uninstall.  Restart your computer.  Then open Creative Cloud and reinstall Photoshop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I did that I uninstalled Photoshop, restarted the computer. Re installed Photoshop, tried the filter again. Still the same issue, the presets are still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'll also added it does not seem to mater if I used a custom image as well. So the issue appear to be in the upper preset area, but not in the lower sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks good to know its not just me with the filter issue. I have tried to submit a review note several times that I am not satified with the current results. I just wish on the forum, one of the abobe employees would look into this or at least give an update that the issue is being looked at as I am sure it is affecting others as well. Before the update it was a great filter but now that the presets are acting weird you can't emulate certain effects based on chosen image and I need to do that for my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks good to know it's not just me with the filter issue. I have tried to submit a review note several times that I am not satified with the current results. I just wish on the forum, one of the Adobe employees would look into this or at least give an update that the issue is being looked at as I am sure it is affecting others as well. Before the update it was a great filter but now that the presets are acting weird you can't emulate certain effects based on chosen image and I need to do that for my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there was an update today to Photoshop. I then checked the Neural Filter Landscape Mixer and it allowed me to download a new version, However it still is creating the same error in the presets or using a custom image, so nothing as far as I can see has changed still the same color issue and all the presets are broken. Sliders still seem to me OK, but this does not solve the issue. Hope that this issue can be resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I am using version 23.5.1 and still this filter presets are still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, still broken in 23.5.1, also 23.4.2. Now back to 23.3.2, which works. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certaintly wish I did have a suggestion, even as mentioned earlier when given the opportunity to update the filter this did not improve it. I hope that someone from Adobe will at least look at this post and give an update on the filter. Currently the best setting winter slider to cover some of the issue, but as mentioned no matter what preset image you use the image does not change and just looks like a colorful jumble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 24.0, same problem. Fortunately I still have 23.3.2 installed, which was the last version in which Landscape Mixer worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the same thing also happened for me for 24.0. I tested it in the latest version and the upper presets are still broken and the Lanscape Mixer is still at Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried downloading the filter models again?

1. Quit Photoshop, delete or rename the following folder, Start Photoshop and try again:
    • WindowsC:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\
      PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData
    • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/
      PHSP/23/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData

"23" is the version number of Photoshop in the paths above.

Note: The user Library folder is hidden by default in macOS. Use one of the following methods to make the user Library content visible: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Just to understand what folder am I deleting or renaming? Is it the entire PluginData folder? Currently my computer now has a folder for version 23 and version 24. I am now opperating version 24 of Photoshop so do I delete the PluginData folder in that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffrey Tranberry for noticing our plight and offering a possible solution. This morning I deleted the folder as you suggested, with the exception of substituting 24 for 23 in the path. I have both 23.3.2 and 24.0 installed, and Landscape Mixer works in the older version, so I didn’t want to change that.

After deleting the PluginData folder for Photoshop 24.0, I ran the program and tried Landscape Mixer. The program downloaded and installed the filter from scratch. Unfortunately however the problem persists. The filter in the later versions produces exactly the same results no matter what preset is chosen, and also when choosing another image with the Custom option.

I’ve attached screen captures showing the result of using Landscape Mixer with the first two presets in the left-hand column, in both 23.3.2 and 24.0. (Yes I know the photo isn’t a landscape, but the filter doesn’t seem to care and I enjoy the unexpected results which it often produces with a variety of subject matter.)

Each screen capture is labeled in the file name. As you can see, the older version gives results consistent with the chosen preset, while the current version always produces the result shown.

I think the Landscape Mixer is an amazing creative tool, so I hope this problem can be resolved so that I won’t need to have multiple versions installed going forward. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Podsville,

Good for you for testing that. Hopefully Jeffrey Tranberry will get back to us. 

Looking deeper into the PluginData folder for both folder 23 and 24. I see some folders specifically for landscape mixer in Versions 23 and 24 so I am thinking one of them is not connecting correctly in Photoshop in the latest version. I'm wondering in the working verssion on 23.3.2, could there possibly an extra file or one of them must be coded slighly differently but I'm not sure which one? 

To break it down I do not think that it is PluginData\presets\internal.LandscapeMixer folder as that only contains the thumbnail .jpg images which clearly show up in the Neural Filter dialog box OK.

So that would leave files in one of the three other folders found in PluginData\

sae_landscape_depth (2 files) - landscapes1024_depthlabv3_frugalv2_blur64_16750k_encoder.data

and
manifest.json

sag_landscape_depth (2 files) - landscapes1024_depthlabv3_frugalv2_blur64_16750k_encoder.data

and
manifest.json

sag_landscape_vectors (8 files) - these seven depth_(autmun, spring, summer, sunset, to_day, to_night, winter) .dat files appear to be related to the silders which are opperating correctly. Though I do not see a .dat file specifcally for strength slider though it does appear to be working correctly. The only other file is the manifest.json file.

Not sure if perhaps the files were named differently in an older version of 23 or maybe there is another folder involved that I cannot see? However I do not think that all the folders in the PluginData folder are corrupt as other Neural filters like Smart Portrait and Color Transfer are working correctly. So clearly some coding has changed in one of the mentioned files for Landscape Mixer or a hidden file. But that is all I can figure out. So someone needs to send a fix or down grade for this filter to work again in the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunknown, it sounds like you also have both 23.x and 24 versions installed, is that correct, and if so does Landscape Mixer work properly in the older version? It's a bit awkward, but I just open an image in 23 if I want to play with the Mixer and use 24 for everything else. So at least that's a workaround until something better comes along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Podsville, No I only have version 24 installed, but I guess when it moved the preset over it kept the version 23 folder which I was checking and comparing against. The 23 version that I had was above 23.3.2 so my version of landscape mixer was already having issues after that. In your version of 23 do you have a file called 

- landscapes1024_depthlabv3_frugalv2_blur64_16750k_encoder.data in both the sae_landscape_depth and  sag_landscape_depth folders? Or is the name slighly different? I'm only wondering since I wonder if the v3 and v2 in the name may could refer to Version 3 or version 2 and maybe you have a version 1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to report in Version 24.1 Landscape Mixer Presets appear to be working as normal now. In this case I did not do anything I just wait for the update and now when I click on the various Presets they each are working like they should and alter the image. I realize the filter is still in Beta, but hopefully in the future it will remain stable. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Same here - thanks for the heads up. I've had auto update turned off
because I wanted to keep my older PS version in which the landscape mixer
work correctly, although I've been using 24.0 for everything else. But
after seeing your email I installed 24.1 and - hooray! - it works. And now
I know it wasn't a hardware issue. Thanks again, and thank you Adobe for
this welcome Christmas present.

Bill

Bill Harrison
www.flickr.com/podsville

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines