Landscape Mixer Bug with Presets broken

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Landscape Mixer for me is not working correctly as it did before. All the Presets act the same and everything looks like cotton candy or all seasons at once jumbled together. It was not like this before when I selected one Preset at a time. Like a winter scene or a sunset, now they all do the same thing. The sliders appear to be opperating correctly, but not the Preset Images. Hope this can be resolved soon as I need to use it for my project. I have version 23.4.2 on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some examples with their settings?  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted an example see the preview image below my message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the button to the right on the Landscape mixer pallet:Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.35.09 PM.pngWhich will Reset the filter, then give it another try.  If that does not work uncheck the use native canvas button in prefs and restart Photoshop.  And if that doesn't work, reset Photoshop's Prefs in the Pref's panel General, and that should solve the problem.   

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried that with the reset and did not help.

I looked at the use Native Canvas in the preferences but it was already unchecked. I then reset the Photoshop prefernces and then restarted Photoshop but the same problem is there. The silders below the filter work fine. However it does not matter what preset is chosen. Whether sunset or winter or any preset the same settings to the filter always appear and are never different. For some reason the Preset choices are broken.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay!  Open Creative Cloud and all the way on the right of the Open button for Photoshop are 3 dots.  Click those and choose Uninstall.  Restart your computer.  Then open Creative Cloud and reinstall Photoshop.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I did that I uninstalled Photoshop, restarted the computer. Re installed Photoshop, tried the filter again. Still the same issue, the presets are still broken.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'll also added it does not seem to mater if I used a custom image as well. So the issue appear to be in the upper preset area, but not in the lower sliders.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem for me

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks good to know its not just me with the filter issue. I have tried to submit a review note several times that I am not satified with the current results. I just wish on the forum, one of the abobe employees would look into this or at least give an update that the issue is being looked at as I am sure it is affecting others as well. Before the update it was a great filter but now that the presets are acting weird you can't emulate certain effects based on chosen image and I need to do that for my project.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks good to know it's not just me with the filter issue. I have tried to submit a review note several times that I am not satified with the current results. I just wish on the forum, one of the Adobe employees would look into this or at least give an update that the issue is being looked at as I am sure it is affecting others as well. Before the update it was a great filter but now that the presets are acting weird you can't emulate certain effects based on chosen image and I need to do that for my project.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines