Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop for photoshop and ai

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.

I am looking to get a laptop for my work and i have no clue about the system needs.

I was thinking of

Acer Predator Helios 16 Abyssal,while I paint on my wacom cintiq and use an outside screen

This is the exact detailing of the laptop itself 

Am I going to get a smooth journey or it's going to be bad ?

Big files,some ai usage.

Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i9 13900HX Raptor Lake, 16" Mini LED anti-glare 2560 × 1600 250 Hz, RAM 32GB DDR5, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 12GB, SSD 2000GB, numeric keypad, backlit keyboard, webcam, USB 3.2 Gen 1, USB 3.2 Gen 2, 4-cell battery, Windows 11 Home

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be fine - except the common problem with all laptops these days: dual GPUs. You may need to completely disable the integrated GPU.

Dual GPUs looks like a good idea on paper, but Photoshop (and ACR/Lightroom) uses the GPU for actual data processing. You can't send data to one GPU and get the result back from the other, so there can only be one GPU in that equation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you recommend a better laptop in your opinion?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All laptops have dual graphics nowadays, and that's always a potential problem. But it should be simple enough to disable. See section 6 & 7 here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html 

Aside from that, as I said, the specs look fine. It has a 2 TB internal drive, which is good. You need that space for Photoshop's scratch disk (temporary working data).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend an M3 MacBook Pro rather than a Windows PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than being expensive and running hot and loud, the specs are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have other laptop in mind that is better ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would really recommend for Photoshop is a desktop machine. A laptop is never ideal for a lot of reasons, whatever the logo on the lid.

But if a laptop is what you want, this should be fine once you've disabled the integrated GPU (very simple operation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just be aware of the one big problem when disabling the integrated GPU- the computer will run much hotter than normal and battery life will go down. The idea is that the integrated GPU, which uses much less power, will be used for most tasks and the discrete GPU only used for things like games, video encoding, graphics editing, etc when its really needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines