Copied

latest update

windows 10 home

geforce 2080ti

intel i9

64 gbs of ram

1tb ssd main drive

all drivers, updates are current

last two versions of PS have lag opening files. Latest version freezes opening any file over 50mb or so

went back two versions, im having no problems.

thoughts?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the app freezing while opening large files.

Please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

You can also try optimizing the Preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was going back to an older version then updating again. That seems to have settled the issue. But I'll try those other suggestions if it happens again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the update. You may also try updating Photoshop to version 22.4.1 which was released recently. 

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh you have these size of files i had less sized file few crash's during Adding in Editing project i was trying to create Feature image for my Career Blog last time it got crashed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having the same issue since my last project now i am covering Fashion blog where i am adding potetial dresses collections  in gallery i want to compress image size from large images but images won't open.. !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines