• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work daily with floor plans or archictural drawings. Most of the time they are in either pdf or jpg format. I generally need to edit these files in photoshop by adding changes, room numbers or overlaying changes or new designs. When I am finished I need to use these files in design documents that only allow these file formats (*.emz, *.emf, *.gif, *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png, *.tif, *.tiff, *.bmp, *.dib, *.wmf). The problem I have is that even when I create a very large file size, sometimes areas are still not legible when zoomed in. If I could get vector images I would not have this problem but most of the time I can only get pdf files or jpg files. It seems that a .bmp file with compression gives me the smallest file size with the crispest results but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas on the best method for this? I have attached 3 different files that were saved from photoshop after editing in different versions for visuals. From a distance they look great but if you zoom to room level they do not.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution of your originals is not high enough and there's no file format which will magically improve legibility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution is fine on my screen in photoshop. The problem is when it is
saved as a png or bmp or jpg or pdf file. Then it becomes pixelated.

Bob Boyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if it's fine on screen, then it should be fine when you save. How are you saving? What resolution is your original file? What's the res after you save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at your original PDF and your Exported PNG. Looks good to me. I don't see any pixellation at 100%. Of course, over 200% you will see pixels, that's what the image is made of, but I guess you mean something else by pixellation. Please show a screen shot with pixellation at a zoom of 100% or less, in the app showing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Your "high quality" PDF is 300 ppi. Your PNG is 1200 ppi. For sure you've reduced the quality hugely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines