• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lasso selection

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new 24.0 update has broken the lasso and polygon selection. When I click it starts somewhere off image and connects to my click... like I clcked somewhere off image first.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate it on this end (I'm on a Mac).

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate it on my end either. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift as thedigitaldog suggested. It will clear your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using for an input device? Mouse? Trackpad? Wacom tablet/pen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse. I'm hesitent to remove my preferences because I will have to re import my custom actions etc. I reinstalled v23 and I'm good for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting prefs should not affect your actions and as important, you do want to save them!

First, always save actions as .atn documents to recover in the future. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My actions are all saved, I will install the update again and try resetting my prefernces when I get a break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reinstalled the update and deleted my prefernces to no avail. I neglected to mention I am running Windows 10 on two 4K displays. The solution was to enable "Application" high DPI settings in the compatablity tab of the Photoshop.exe properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines