Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lasso tools jump selection a few pixels over after completing selection

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having a bug for a while now, it's not just this version of photoshop, but it seems to be getting worse and I've just gotten more annoyed with it. 

After painstakingly marking something out with lasso tool (and I'm typically zoomed in...this isn't a lazy lasso job) the line just before I lift my pen away is great....and then when I complete the selection it automatically jumps the selection over a few pixels. It's not expanding uniformly, it's very clearly jumping. So you have to redo the lasso-ing again and again, or use arrow keys to manually adjust each time. 

I'm on Windows10

this bug happens in 22.5.2 but also has happened since cc2020 for me

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using a mouse, a trackpad, a pen/tablet, or something else?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using brushes, any brushes, general ones, tried and true downloaded ones I have, and even making new ones just to double check it's not an engrained setting i'm missing or didn't know about within the brush: the top UI bar for brushes doesn't stay [what it's set at] when switching between brushes or tools. If I have the opacity at say 88% and the button for pen pressure for opacity and size clicked on, and maybe smoothing at 3% (just an example: settings that aren't the default)....in the past it'd always stay the same while switching brushes and had no issues. Now it reverts back to default between each brush or tool change. It makes my workflow slow and photoshop basically unusable for me

worth mentioning too that in both I've had erratic behavior from the side bar of tools too: tool changing mid using something else....and I don't have touch-sensitive cintiq so it's not a matter of my hand hitting part of the screen or anything. It'll just switch from brush to lasso mid-using brush on it's own. Or lasso to magnetic lasso without hitting *anything* on the screen or keyboard. I have a feeling that these might be part of the same issue...

1. photoshop 22.5.2 but also had these issues when using the newest version of photoshop; I rolled back  hoping that'd help but it really didn't. 

2. Windows 10

3. Basic steps:

• paint with one brush, any brush with top UI bar settings not at default (pen pressure opacity button on, opacity at 88%, smoothing at 3%, etc) and then just switch to another brush, any brush, make a new brush even it won't matter....and these settings on the top UI bar will turn off/reset on their own. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines