• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

latest Photoshop CC will not open recent or older PSD files

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening my updated Photoshop CC with the October 2021 new release on my Windows, I have discovered that it will not open most of my recent PSD files from the file system. They do not apear in my folders with a PS icon. I get prompted to look for an app in the  microsoft store... However, if I open them thru Photoshop some will open. I can make changes on them yet the newly updated PSD files do NOT have a PSD icon, and are not recognized by my Windows the folder system.

Some other PSD files that I created in the past 2 years (for training my students on Photoshop) have no PS icon as well, and will NOT open thru Photoshop. I get this message: Could ot complete your request because it is not the right kind of documnet. So are they are inaccessible lost assets??

Is this a Major BUG???

I also lost my PS icon on my task bar and the software allias icon for PS on the desktop which I retrieved by created a new Pin to taskbar and a new alias.

Expert in Senior training on LRC & Photoshop>Tovit Lore<br />Expert in Senior training on LRC & Photoshop
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Hi

Right click on a PSD and select Open with > Choose another app

image1.png

Select More apps

2021-11-08 11_11_10-Window.png

Scroll down to this option

2021-11-08 11_11_57-Window.png

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022 and select Photoshop.exe

2021-11-08 11_12_53-Window.png

Put a check mark in the below check box and click OK

2021-11-08 11_13_20-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Thank you very much,  you had the right answer to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Right click on a PSD and select Open with > Choose another app

image1.png

Select More apps

2021-11-08 11_11_10-Window.png

Scroll down to this option

2021-11-08 11_11_57-Window.png

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022 and select Photoshop.exe

2021-11-08 11_12_53-Window.png

Put a check mark in the below check box and click OK

2021-11-08 11_13_20-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much,  you had the right answer to my problem.

Expert in Senior training on LRC & Photoshop>Tovit Lore<br />Expert in Senior training on LRC & Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Ged

I found that my old large psds with layers (my wonderful composite layers) are not loading into photoshop CC.  I followed your instructions above and don't have a photoshop.exe file in my Adobe Photoshop 2022 folder.  I started out not being able to open from Bridge, now I can't open my old psd with layers (they are large) in photoshop.  Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines