• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest PS Build Bugs

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to be expected the latest build of PS I've installed has crashed. It crashed when I first opened a file to edit, the zoom function stuck and wouldn't respond. Closed and reopened and it seemed fine for about 40 minutes. It then started behaving erratically again. Attempted to save the work in progress but despite opening the save dialogue box it wouldn't write the file. So I had to close PS and lose the work.

I've now rolled back to the previous build.

To be honest this is happening regularly now. I just wish Adobe would fully test builds rather than rely on their customers to report it all. The last four or five builds have all had bugs that have now cost me hours of post production time. It really begs the question of what value the subscription model brings when a new major update (or a .x update) is something to be avoided.

Working on Win10, version 23.3. Graphics drivers up to date etc.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When PS crashes, best to first try resetting your preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Any difference?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adamgasson I feel your pain. PS has become almost unusable since the last "update". Constant crashes-often to the point of crashing the whole PC. I actually got my first ever "blue screen of death" in Windows 10 the other day when PS crashed locked my PC and I was left with a blank blue screen.  I had no option but to do a hard reboot.

Don't get me started on the zoom function. That's been broken for the last 3 years without a fix despite my own numerous attempts at getting support to take notice. I'm not the only one either because MANY others have had the same issues. Some kind folks on these forums have tried to help but none of their suggestions ever worked. 

Like you I'm seriously starting to wonder the value of my subscription. Honestly the only thing keeping me using PS is reluctance to learn a new program. When it works there's nothing that beats it. But when it's broken, it's infuriating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually got my first ever "blue screen of death" in Windows 10 the other day when PS crashed locked my PC and I was left with a blank blue screen.

By @mjmdvm

In modern operating systems, applications cannot cause BSODs. They can crash or freeze, but not bring down the whole system.

But drivers can, and I suggest you look at your GPU and driver. That's always the prime suspect.

OpenGL and OpenCL are no longer supported in MacOS or Windows, so all of Photoshop's GPU code is currently being migrated to the DirectX and Metal frameworks. Minimum requirements are likely to change in that process. The whole environment for Photoshop has changed, so the application has to change with it. New calls to the driver may cause it to crash where it previously didn't.

If this is a laptop with dual GPUs, you need to disable the integrated Intel GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@D Fosse Thanks for the suggestion, but checking for new drivers and updating if needed is always the first thing I do when troubleshooting PC and/or app issues.  I  currently only have a desktop without integrated graphics. ( laptop just died) I learned that lesson the hard way years ago when integrated graphics broke and took down the motherboard. Since  then I ONLY have separate video and audio cards in all my PCs ( including any laptops I might own). That way I can easily replace/upgrade if needed.

My current  desktop card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070. My PC exceeds the recommended requirements for PS and I ran a GPU compatibility check.  The results were green checkmarks across the board and "Your graphics processor is compatible" result. So I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines