• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest PS crashing (previous too been going on for a while)

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for quite sometime and I simply cannot get to the bottom of it.  I have tried ALL the advised solutions.  Starting from deleting Prefs right through to complete removal of PS and reinstall.  I am OCD about keeping up to date on drivers, apps, this and that.  PS will not open like I expect.  It's Ctrl+Shift+Alt or compatibility mode ot just keep on trying and eventually I get lucky.  Loads painfully slowly too.  I check GPU compatibilty once loaded and there are no problems...all green ticks - MX250 GPU (not the best I know but PS says it's okay and so does LR.  It's got to the point now where I am going to cancel my subscription but I don't want to just yet.  Does anyoe know what this screenshot is telling me apart from the obvious.

alanc94157700_0-1650270284064.png

The Splash Screen gets to Reading Prefs and then crashes.  I have tried Shift+PS to bypass - makes no difference.  While I am typing this post I tried Shift+PS - it crashed on Reading Prefs.  Followed that with C+S+A+PS - it loads and now that I have it loaded here is the Compatibility Check

alanc94157700_1-1650270562322.png

Is there any hope I can get PS working?
By the way LR I have no issues whatsoever.

Cheers - Alan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which (exact) version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Did you reset the preferences under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 23.3
OS Windows 11 pro 10.0.22581 Build 22581
RAM 32.0 GB
D: I have 1TB spare on Data drive
C: I have 250GB (OS) 

I have reset everything many many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAH!

D colon is not the best to use I guess D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the preferences exactly as I indicated and then closed and reopened the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I have reset exactly as you advised and a complete deinstall using Revo and the PS clean tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you install an earlier version of Photoshop and use that until the issue with the current version is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far back should I go because I have done at least 4 updates since this all started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines