• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest PS version but STILL see overly vivid colors when exporting

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit or just open an image in PS and then go to export it, what PS displays in the export window is much more vivid than what my original image is. Why do they not match?

PS - 24.3.2

Mac OS - Monterey 12.4

Is my editing off or is the issue with PS? I would think that PS should display the very same colors/brightness/saturation as are being used in your edit.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a problem (again) with the Export As preview in the current version. The actual exported file is correctly color managed (provided you check both Convert to sRGB and Embed Color Profile), but the preview in the Export As window is not displaying with correct color management and an sRGB image appears oversaturated in that window when viewed on a profiled wide gamut monitor.

There have been long standing issues with the display of the preview in Export As which is why I still prefer Save for Web (Legacy)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-export-as-fix-the-quot-embed-color-profile...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not use "save as" and avoid the issues with "export" or having to use the old "save for web"?

Just be sure to check the option to embed the ICC profile

Sure if you need an sRGB file and are working in another colourspace that’s an extra step you'll have to do to make a copy and convert first - BUT you'd also get to see the appearance of your image as sRGB and see if that's satisfactory.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines