Latest Update crashing every view minutes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic update happened and ever since PS has been freezing and having various issues every few minutes. I have to open in task manager and shut down every single time! Is there a fix or can I roll back to the previous update? I can't get anything done.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@heathera15810012 

Yes, you can roll back to the previous update using the Creative Cloud app. 

Are you getting crash reports? If so, be sure to report them with your email address. Is there a specific task that causes the crash?

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, the first thing to try is resetting your preferences. 

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Might fix the issue. Let us know. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version do you have installed? I would suggest making sure you have the latest update installed (23.3.1). 23.3 had some issues with compositing that affected the canvas drawing, perfomance and stability that are now fixed.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as above as soon as I updated on CC. Freezing on me constantly, multiple functions/items are causing it to crash 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No crash reports, it just stops responding, it loses the frames/windows, things disappear such as the menu, can't save even though it acts like it does... I gave up and reinstalled the previous version, no problems since doing that.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the latest update causing all the problems. I rolled it back. Won't update again til the next one maybe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines