• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps 23.5.1 , PS 24- Crashing with NTDLL.DLL Had to go back to previous

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop update I just installed on my machine for Windows 10 crashing crashing crashing every time I try to use the crop tool or the lasso tool. Just hangs and then down. No way to get a log of it or send a report. Had to go back to the previous version. (23.5) I updated my Nvidia driver after Photoshop started crashing. No help. 

Two versions ago, it was the Marquee tool. Now it's the crop and lasso tools. What is the problem now?

Windows 10 OS version 19044.2006

Event viewer: 
Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 23.5.1.724, time stamp: 0x631947fb
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1949, time stamp: 0xfe96c48e
Exception code: 0xc0000374

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your Creative Cloud Desktop app, click on three dots on the right side of app in question then select Other versions.

roll back photoshop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So problem is solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really consider it solved, no. I went back to the previous version. That's not really the best option in the long run. It hasn't really solved the initial problem . Someday I will have to install another version to keep up with upgrades. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had exactly the same issues on my Win10 machine with the two latest updates and had to revert back to a previous version. That's not "solving the issue" as I am paying for the application, expecting updates to work. :)) Do you have any ideas on what is causing the crashes when using the crop an lasso tools? I really would like to use the latest version of Photoshop - mostly because of the Neurals. :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out my previous problems (marquee tool)  were fixed by turning off the "preset syncing" setting in Preferences. Luckily, you can still keep your appdata under your username and not sync to the cloud. So that's an OK workaround. I've never used the cloud, anyway. 

I've not quite narrowed down the issue with the lasso tools, but I was at first suspicious of a recent update to Windows 10 because if you look at my event viewer under applications (I posted it in my original post here), you can see it has to do with the NTOS kernel somehow. That makes no sense though now because I went back to the previous version and all is cool. So, it's the latest Photoshop update. Somehow it has decided not to play nice with Windows and just give us random things to make it crash. 

As soon as I find out what it is, I'll be right back here to post. 

Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that was supposed to say: "Preset Syncing" in Preferences > General. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I changed it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I found a fix for Windows users: 

On September 13, Microsoft sent out an update and in that update was a file that allows the OS to talk to applications. The crashing with Photoshop got worse. Nothing was working. 

I looked in the Event Viewer and found a message that referred to a system file called ntdll.dll - I've seen problems with this file for years. It always gets corrupted.

1. Type cmd in the search window (bottom left)

2. Choose run as administrator when the command shell pops up

3. Make sure you're at c:\windows\system32

4. Type: sfc /scannow

Let it run. It will find corrupt dlls and other system files and fix them. It takes awhile. 

That should take care of the problem.

I'll let you know when I'm sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue on multiple PCs, one Windows 11 the other Windows 10 as well as other colleagues having this exact same problem Photoshop v24.0. This tells me it's not our setups as it happens with my home PC which has similar specs. I literally cannot use Photoshop. It opens, allows me to do a couple of things, then closes, no warning, nothing, just crashes to the desktop without any error messages except in Event Viewer. I literally cannot do a thing.

Photoshop is becoming so buggy, more than ever. With every major release I have to reassociate all of my file extensions as it loses the icons. Opening images takes 5-10 mins, simple tasks are also taking an age.

I have not been able to use Photoshop at all since the latest update and I've had to use another PC with an older version of Photoshop as we are busy, and I don't have time to keep installing older versions.

I'm using PCs with 64gb Ram, both have duel nVidia 2080Ti's and are i9 processors. Yet Photoshop has been slow since 2019 and on different PCs. It's become so bloated. It shouldn't be slow with these specs, even if I was using 16gb ram, I'd expect good performange.

The error I get is as follows:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 24.0.0.59, time stamp: 0x634899c1
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.746, time stamp: 0x8a328c67
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000008eadf
Faulting process ID: 0x0x6AB0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D8EA98890651D5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Photoshop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 6c0b3a78-627d-4b8e-bb09-c7142132bd75
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Also, asking people to install a previous version is not helpful whatsoever. So please stop that mentality of brushing over the issues at hand by applying a band aid on what is a major issue for many people. If you work for adobe or know the dev side of Photoshop, please concentrate on that and a real fix instead of patronising us by trying a last resort fix because you really don't know how to fix the issue. I understand this may tub people the wrong way, but these poor workarounds are just pointless and we all know we can install a previous version, which defeats the object of progress and having the latest versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @M1cr0ft  I understand your frustration, but I think that @Bojan Živković wanted the give a solution that allows affected users to be able to continue working, he is as far as you could think from being patronizing, helping others in another language is always difficult, and might not relay as intended!

Continuing working isa  priority for many users, and you would be surprised about how many do not know how to install the old versions, remember that the purpose of a forum is also to help others with one's question...

If you submit the crashlog via your operating system, the team should receive it, try to recreate the situation, then work on a fix, test it, etc. You do not want a rushed fix that causes other issues. They, and the testers, cannot test every possible configuration and worflow out there...

But it is good practice to raise the issue here, so that more users can provide relevant info!

I'd try to stick to threads about the same version, as some code might have changed, (even if here, the same DLL seems involved.)

What can be helpful to the team is to paste the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

I'll convert this thread as a bug report to raise awareness, but it might be as well a configuration/compatibility issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not exactly a "fix," as it is often time-consuming. I'm a Windows user, and this has worked (somewhat). I always keep all my working files (docs, pics, downloads, desktop, videos) on a separate drive and only keep software program files on my c: drive. I set the "default save location" to that other drive. That way, if I have to rebuild my machine I can do it fairly quickly without losing files. 
I also keep a recent exported copy on another drive of the following:

syles, patterns, palettes, actions, brushes, shapes and so on to make sure I have a backup copy on another drive. 

if I encounter a version of Photoshop that is a nightmare (and there have been so many since 1997), I have had to rebuild my PC to fix it. The remnants of an old Photoshop version or a rogue dll in Windows has crippled my PC and who needs to spend days trying to figure out which one did it?  Not me and probably not you. Sure, you can see it in your Administrative tools under Event Viewer, but it tells you nothing about how to fix it. 

I also keep my Windows updates from automatically updating and thoroughly analyze them before allowing an update. Also, I always save my Appdata directory under my user account on the c: drive if I ever need that Photoshop directory afterwards. 

radical? Yeah, but it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more note here: 

Yes, you would have to reinstall other programs you had on there. I make a list of them before I wipe out my c: drive. 
move been an IT person(and Windows) since 1985, and we often fixed machines by wiping them out and starting over. There's a pretty good theory behind this. A couple of them, anyway:

1)Your PC runs a lot faster. 

2) Oftetimes, when you buy a PC, it comes with a mirror image of Windows on it that can get corrupted easily or comes with a corrupted file. 
it also contains a lot of what we call "bloat ware,"  Thats all that crappy software you see that wants you to buy something else. 

So I create a restore Zip drive and just save everything I need to save(like the fonts directory under Windows) and just retire by formatting the c: drive.  Some might not think this really makes a big difference in your PC, but it truly does. 
I finally ended up doing this to mine this time. 
it fixed whatever was the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry- my typing is terrible this morning. That should've said, "Have been in IT..." not "move."

Also, it should've said "oftentimes."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Breathtaking Vintage @M1cr0ft I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from either of you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever tried submitting a crash report? I have tried dozens of times. It always tells me it's going to take me to another web page so it can tell me how Adobe found a fix for it. 

Guess what? There's nothing on the page it takes me to. I've submitted literally more than a dozen of these, and your system either crashes before I'm finished or it takes me to some bogus web page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Breathtaking Vintage If you put your email address in there - I can manually search for the bucket and pass along to engineers to debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.  Any time I use the lasso or the object select tool there's roughly a 25% chance that Photoshop will freeze and then crash to desktop.  It does not give me an option to submit a crash report, either on crashing or on re-opening Photoshop.  I have tried the registry fix to enable crash reporting but no luck.  I am happy to provide more useful information if you can tell me how to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @drose25 could you please post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.
If your post disappears, do not repost it, as it might need to be approved by a moderator. As an alternative you can save it to a .txt file on your computer and attach it on your answer via the forum. (attachments do not post from e-mail)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PECourtejoie , here is the System Info you requested.  I would love to hear any suggestions as this particular bug is making it hard to work in Photoshop.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64
Number of Launches: 592
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 10.0.19044.2364
System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:1, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 12
Logical processor count: 24
Processor speed: 4200 MHz
Built-in memory: 65450 MB
Free memory: 41976 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 51336 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %
Crash Handler: Adobe
DCX Version: 6.15.3
SAM SDK Version: 2.0.0-main.1564
ACP.local Status:
- SDK Version: 2.11.0
- Core Sync Status: Reachable and compatible
- Core Sync Running: 6.1.0.10
- Min Core Sync Required: 4.3.66.28
Live Edit Client SDK Version: 3.91.3
Content Credential Helper Version: 0.4.12
Manta Canvas: Enabled.
Alias Layers: Disabled.
Modifier Palette: Enabled.
Highbeam: Enabled.
Wintab Digitizer Services
Spec Version 2.0
Impl Version 2.0
Num Devices 1
Image tile size: 1024K
Image cache levels: 6
Font Preview: Medium
HarfBuzz Version: 4.3.0
TextEngine: Unified Text Engine
======= GPU
Native API stable: True
OpenGL API stable: True
OpenCL API stable: True
D3D12Warp renderer: False
GPUDeny: 0
GPUForce: 0
useGPU: 1
useOpenCL: 1
isGPUCapable: 1
GPUName: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
GPUVendor: NVIDIA
IsNativeGPUCapable: 1
IsOpenGLGPUCapable: 1
IsOpenCLGPUCapable: 1
HasSufficientRAM: 1
GPU accessible RAM: 8,480 MB
Required GPU accessible RAM: 1,500 MB
UseGraphicsProcessorChecked: 1
UseOpenCLChecked: 1
Windows remote desktop: 0
Display: 1
Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1080, right=2560
Display: 2
Display Bounds: top=0, left=2560, bottom=1080, right=4480
------- Sniffer output
[0 ms]
Launch GPUSnifferThread

[1 ms]
Start RunAllAPIs

[1 ms]
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\sniffer.exe" -baseTimeMS=27283259 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64

[597 ms]
Start sniffer 2023-01-11 21:49:01
# Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\sniffer.exe -baseTimeMS=27283259 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64

{46 ms}
Start platform native
# displays: 2
Display 0
Display: \\.\DISPLAY1
Main: TRUE
Built in: FALSE
Stereo: FALSE
Bounds: (0, 0) -> (2,560, 1,080)
Dimensions: (2,560 1,080)
Physical size: (0 0)
Pixel size: (0 0)
Dynamic range: (0 1)
Potential dynamic range: (0 1)
Reference dynamic range: (0 0)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 index=0)

Display 1
Display: \\.\DISPLAY2
Main: FALSE
Bounds: (2,560, 0) -> (4,480, 1,080)
Dimensions: (1,920 1,080)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 index=0)

# devices: 1
Device 0
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Preferred: TRUE
Power Envelope: UNKNOWN
Attachment: UNKNOWN
# attached displays: 2
\\.\DISPLAY1
\\.\DISPLAY2
VRAM: 8,480 MB
Dedicated System RAM: 0 MB
Shared System RAM: 34,314 MB
API version: 12.0 (12.0)
Device version: 12.0 (12.0)
Vendor name: NVIDIA
Model: NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX_1070
Driver date: 2022-10-12 000000.000000-000
Driver age: 3 months
Driver version: 31.0.15.2230
Supports UMA: UNSUPPORTED
D3D-ID: 7041
End platform native
{166 ms}

{166 ms}
Start platform OpenGL
# displays: 2
Display 0
Display: \\.\DISPLAY1
Main: TRUE
Bounds: (0, 0) -> (2,560, 1,080)
Dimensions: (2,560 1,080)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 index=0)

Display 1
Display: \\.\DISPLAY2
Main: FALSE
Bounds: (2,560, 0) -> (4,480, 1,080)
Dimensions: (1,920 1,080)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 index=0)

Device 0
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2
Power Envelope: INTEGRATED
# attached displays: 2
\\.\DISPLAY1
\\.\DISPLAY2
VRAM: 8,480 MB
Shared System RAM: 34,314 MB
API version: 2.1 (2.1.2 NVIDIA 522.30)
Device version: 2.1 (2.1.2 NVIDIA 522.30)
Driver date: 2022-10-12 000000.000000-000
Driver age: 3 months
Driver version: 31.0.15.2230
GLSL version: 1.20 (1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler)
End platform OpenGL
{368 ms}

{368 ms}
Start platform OpenCL
# displays: 0

Device 0
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Power Envelope: DISCRETE
# attached displays: 0
GPU accessible RAM: 8,589 MB
VRAM: 8,589 MB
Shared System RAM: 0 MB
API version: 3.0 (OpenCL 3.0 CUDA)
Device version: 3.0 (OpenCL 3.0 CUDA)
Driver date: UNKNOWN
Driver age: UNKNOWN
Driver version: UNKNOWN
Bandwidth: 189 GB / s
Compute score: 2,476.23
Device name string: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Device vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
Platform name string: NVIDIA CUDA
Platform vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
End platform OpenCL
{515 ms}

Exit code kExitNormal
End sniffer 2023-01-11 21:49:01
[kStatusNormal, kExitNormal]

[598 ms]
Finish RunAllAPIs

[6293 ms]
Start GetSnifferResult

[6293 ms]
Finish GetSnifferResult

------- Sniffer output
======= GPU
License Type: Subscription
Serial number: 90970577892411368936
GUIDBucket:
Composite Core (enable_composite_core): on
Composite Core GPU (comp_core_gpu): off
Composite Core Threads (MultithreadedCompositing): on
Composite Core UI (comp_core_ui): off
Composite Core Feature Prefs (CompCoreFeaturePrefs): off
Document Graph (enable_doc_graph): off

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\
Temporary file path: C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Local\Temp\
Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled
Scratch volume(s):
Startup, 930.6G, 90.0G free
Required Plugins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Required\Plug-ins\
Primary Plugins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Plug-ins\

Installed components:
A3DLIBS.dll A3DLIB Dynamic Link Library 9.2.0.112
ACE.dll ACE 2022/08/28-19:08:04 79.bead9cf 79.bead9cf
AdobeLinguistic.dll Adobe Linguisitc Library 353c9a5
AdobeOwl.dll Adobe Owl 5.5.0
AdobePDFL.dll PDFL 2022/08/31-09:19:54 79.6dc3128 79.6dc3128
AdobePDFSettings.dll Adobe PDFSettings 1.07
AdobePIP.dll Adobe Product Improvement Program 8.2.0.16
AdobeSVGAGM.dll AdobeSVGAGM 79.d8ca6a0 79.d8ca6a0
AdobeXMP.dll Adobe XMP Core 2022/08/16-18:02:43 79.171c27f 79.171c27f
AdobeXMPFiles.dll Adobe XMP Files 2022/08/16-18:02:43 79.171c27f 79.171c27f
AdobeXMPScript.dll Adobe XMP Script 2022/08/16-18:02:43 79.171c27f 79.171c27f
AGM.dll AGM 2022/08/28-19:08:04 79.bead9cf 79.bead9cf
AID.dll AID DLL 1.0.0.33
AIDE.dll AIDE 2022/08/19-19:10:17 79.d7ba922 79.d7ba922
aifm.dll AIFM 1.0 23.68434
AILib.dll Adobe Illustrator 2023 27.0.0
aiport.dll AIPort 1.0 23.68434
ARE.dll ARE 2022/08/28-19:08:04 79.bead9cf 79.bead9cf
AXE8SharedExpat.dll AXE8SharedExpat 2022/08/17-05:51:28 79.43e459d 79.43e459d
AXEDOMCore.dll AXEDOMCore 2022/08/17-05:51:28 79.43e459d 79.43e459d
BIB.dll BIB 2022/08/28-19:08:04 79.bead9cf 79.bead9cf
BIBUtils.dll BIBUtils 2022/08/28-19:08:04 79.bead9cf 79.bead9cf
boost_date_time.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
boost_filesystem.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
boost_program_options.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
boost_regex.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
boost_system.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
boost_threads.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
CoolType.dll CoolType 2022/08/28-19:08:04 79.bead9cf 79.bead9cf
CRClient.dll Adobe Crash Reporter Client DLL 4.8.0.6
DirectML.dll DirectML Redistributable Library 1.9.1+220902-1323.1.dml-1.9.d6f03b3
dnssd.dll Bonjour 3,0,0,2
dvaaccelerate.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvaappsupport.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvaaudiodevice.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvacore.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvacrashhandler.dll Adobe Audition CC 2017 10.0.0
dvamarshal.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvamediatypes.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvametadata.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvametadataapi.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvametadataUI.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvanet.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvaplayer.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvascripting.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvatransport.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvaui.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dvavulcansupport.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
dynamic-torqnative.dll Unified Extensibility Platform uxp-6.4.0-3-ec28f9a
dynamiclink.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
ExtendScript.dll ExtendScript 2022/08/18-12:50:45 82.4 82.4
filterport.dll FilterPort 1.1 O
icucnv69.dll International Components for Unicode Build 13.1.a82691a
icudt69.dll International Components for Unicode Build 13.1.a82691a
icuin69.dll International Components for Unicode Build 13.1.a82691a
icuuc69.dll International Components for Unicode Build 13.1.a82691a
igestep30.dll IGES Reader 9.3.0.113
ippcc.dll ippCC. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Color Conversion. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippcck0.dll ippCC. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Color Conversion. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippccl9.dll ippCC. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Color Conversion. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippccy8.dll ippCC. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Color Conversion. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippcore.dll core. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Core Library. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippcv.dll ippCV. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Computer Vision. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippcvk0.dll ippCV. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Computer Vision. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippcvl9.dll ippCV. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Computer Vision. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippcvy8.dll ippCV. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Computer Vision. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippi.dll ippIP. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Image Processing. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippik0.dll ippIP. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Image Processing. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippil9.dll ippIP. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Image Processing. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippiy8.dll ippIP. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Image Processing. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ipps.dll ippSP. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Signal Processing. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippsk0.dll ippSP. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Signal Processing. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippsl9.dll ippSP. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Signal Processing. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippsy8.dll ippSP. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Signal Processing. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippvm.dll ippVM. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Vector Math. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippvmk0.dll ippVM. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Vector Math. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippvml9.dll ippVM. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Vector Math. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
ippvmy8.dll ippVM. Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives. Vector Math. 2021.6 (r0xbffe3c5b)
JP2KLib.dll JP2KLib 2022/08/17-19:10:18 79.7f05fe0 79.7f05fe0
libifcoremd.dll Intel(r) Visual Fortran Compiler 10.0 (Update A)
libiomp5md.dll Intel(R) OpenMP* Runtime Library 5.0
libmmd.dll Intel(R) C/C++/Fortran Compiler Mainline
libzip.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
LogSession.dll LogSession 8.2.0.16
mediacoreif.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
Microsoft.AI.MachineLearning.dll Microsoft® Windows® Operating System 1.13.20221021.1.b353e0b
mkl_avx2.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_avx512.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_core.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_def.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_mc3.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_sequential.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_vml_avx2.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_vml_avx512.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_vml_def.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
mkl_vml_mc3.2.dll Intel(R) oneAPI Math Kernel Library 2022.1
MPS.dll MPS 2022/08/18-19:08:03 79.4e4cf9b 79.4e4cf9b
onnxruntime.dll Microsoft® Windows® Operating System 1.13.20221021.1.b353e0b
opencv_world452.dll OpenCV library 4.5.2
pdfport.dll PDFPort 2020/11/19-11:34:27 79.625377 79.625377
Plugin.dll Adobe Photoshop 2023 24.1
PlugPlugExternalObject.dll Adobe(R) CEP PlugPlugExternalObject Standard Dll (64 bit) 11.5.2
PlugPlugOwl.dll Adobe(R) CSXS PlugPlugOwl Standard Dll (64 bit) 11.5.2.130
PSCloud.dll 1.0.0.1
PSRes.dll Adobe Photoshop 2023 24.1
PSViews.dll Adobe Photoshop 2023 24.1
ScCore.dll ScCore 2022/08/18-12:50:45 82.4 82.4
sentry.dll Adobe-Sentry.dll 0.4.17
SVGRE.dll SVGRE 79.f6f03b6 79.f6f03b6
svml_dispmd.dll Intel(R) C/C++/Fortran Compiler Mainline
TfKernel.dll Kernel Geom 9.3.0.113
TFUGEOM.dll Adobe, UGeom© 9.3.0.113
utest.dll photoshopdva 22.0.0
VulcanControl.dll Vulcan Application Control Library 7.1.1.3
VulcanMessage5.dll Vulcan Message Library 7.1.1.3
WinRTSupport.dll Adobe Photoshop Windows RT Support 1.0.1.0
WRServices.dll WRServices Build 17.5.1.73e2151 17.5.1.73e2151
wu3d.dll U3D Writer 9.3.0.113
Unified Extensibility Platform uxp-6.4.0-3-ec28f9a
UPIC 2.5.0

Required plugins:

Accented Edges 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Adaptive Wide Angle 24.1 - from the file “Adaptive Wide Angle.8bf”
Angled Strokes 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Average 24.1 - from the file “Average.8bf”
Bas Relief 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
BMP 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Camera Raw 15.1 - from the file “Camera Raw.8bi”
Camera Raw Filter 15.1 - from the file “Camera Raw.8bi”
Chalk && Charcoal 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Charcoal 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Chrome 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Cineon 24.1 - from the file “Cineon.8bi”
Clouds 24.1 - from the file “Clouds.8bf”
Color Halftone 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Colored Pencil 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Conté Crayon 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Craquelure 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Crop and Straighten Photos 24.1 - from the file “CropPhotosAuto.8li”
Crop and Straighten Photos Filter 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Crosshatch 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Crystallize 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Cutout 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Dark Strokes 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
De-Interlace 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Dicom 24.1 - from the file “Dicom.8bi”
Difference Clouds 24.1 - from the file “Clouds.8bf”
Diffuse Glow 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Displace 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Dry Brush 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Entropy 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Export Color Lookup Tables 24.1 - from the file “Export3DLUT.8be”
Extrude 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
FastCore Routines 24.1 - from the file “FastCore.8bx”
Fibers 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Film Grain 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Filter Gallery 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Fresco 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Glass 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Glowing Edges 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Grain 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Graphic Pen 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Halftone Pattern 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Halide Bottlenecks 24.1 - from the file “HalideBottlenecks.8bx”
HDRMergeUI 24.1 - from the file “HDRMergeUI.8bf”
HSB/HSL 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
IFF Format 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
IGES 24.1 - from the file “U3D.8bi”
Ink Outlines 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
JPEG 2000 24.1 - from the file “JPEG2000.8bi”
Kurtosis 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Lens Blur 24.1 - from the file “Lens Blur.8bf”
Lens Correction 24.1 - from the file “Lens Correction.8bf”
Lens Flare 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Liquify 24.1 - from the file “Liquify.8bf”
Matlab Operation 24.1 - from the file “ChannelPort.8bf”
Maximum 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Mean 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Measurement Core 24.1 - from the file “MeasurementCore.8me”
Median 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Mezzotint 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Minimum 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
MMXCore Routines 24.1 - from the file “MMXCore.8bx”
Mosaic Tiles 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Multiprocessor Support 24.1 - from the file “MultiProcessor Support.8bx”
Neon Glow 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Note Paper 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
NTSC Colors 24.1 - from the file “NTSC Colors.8bf”
Ocean Ripple 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
OpenEXR 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Paint Daubs 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Palette Knife 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
ParticleShop NO VERSION - from the file “particleshop.8bf”
Patchwork 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Paths to Illustrator 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
PCX 24.1 - from the file “PCX.8bi”
Photocopy 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Picture Package Filter 24.1 - from the file “ChannelPort.8bf”
Pinch 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Pixar 24.1 - from the file “Pixar.8bi”
Plaster 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Plastic Wrap 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Pointillize 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Polar Coordinates 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Portable Bit Map 24.1 - from the file “PBM.8bi”
Poster Edges 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
PRC 24.1 - from the file “U3D.8bi”
Radial Blur 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Radiance 24.1 - from the file “Radiance.8bi”
Range 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Render Color Lookup Grid 24.1 - from the file “Export3DLUT.8be”
Reticulation 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Ripple 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Rough Pastels 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Save for Web 24.1 - from the file “Save for Web.8be”
ScriptingSupport 24.1 - from the file “ScriptingSupport.8li”
Shear 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Skewness 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Smart Blur 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Smudge Stick 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Solarize 24.1 - from the file “Solarize.8bf”
SP Substance Suite NO VERSION - from the file “MaterialSuite.8li”
Spatter 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Spherize 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Sponge 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Sprayed Strokes 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Stained Glass 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Stamp 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Standard Deviation 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Substance NO VERSION - from the file “MaterialFilter.8bf”
Sumi-e 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Summation 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Targa 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Texturizer 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Tiles 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Torn Edges 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Twirl 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
U3D 24.1 - from the file “U3D.8bi”
Underpainting 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Vanishing Point 24.1 - from the file “VanishingPoint.8bf”
Variance 24.1 - from the file “statistics.8ba”
Water Paper 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Watercolor 24.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”
Wave 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
WIA Support 24.1 - from the file “WIASupport.8li”
Wind 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”
Wireless Bitmap 24.1 - from the file “WBMP.8bi”
ZigZag 24.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Optional and third party plugins: NONE

Duplicate and Disabled plugins: NONE

Plugins that failed to load: NONE

Unified Extensibility Platform - Extensions:

Home Screen (Loaded) 6.4.0.31 - from the file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe/UXP/Extensions\com.adobe.ccx.start-6.4.0\"
CDO: 1.132.5
CmdN: 1.16.0
CDP: 1.156.4
Projects: 1.7.0
Loaded at: 227 ms - launch time impact: 41 ms
ccx-timeline (Prepared) 3.1.4.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
CCX Commenting UXP Webview (Loaded) 26.0.0.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
Loaded at: 19777 ms - launch time impact: 0 ms
CCX Sharesheet UXP (Prepared) 24.0.0.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
Photoshop Cloud Value Dialog (Loaded) 1.0.1.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
Loaded at: 236 ms - launch time impact: 0 ms
Share Panel (Loaded) 1.0.6.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
Loaded at: 243 ms - launch time impact: 0 ms
Free Stock Search 2 (Prepared) 2.0.5.0 - from the file "Plugin Market Place"
Web Sharp (Greg Benz) (Prepared) 3.8.2.0 - from the file "Plugin Market Place"
Content Credentials (Loaded) 0.34.4.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
Loaded at: 16804 ms - launch time impact: 24 ms
CC Libraries Panel (Prepared) 3.22.9.0 - from the file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe/CEP/Extensions\CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_3_22_9\"
CAPTURE: 2.0.41 STOCK: 4.0.2
Photoshop UXP Export-As (Loaded) 5.8.18.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
Loaded at: 5079814 ms - launch time impact: 0 ms
Photoshop In App Messaging (Loaded) 2.7.6.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
Loaded at: 19783 ms - launch time impact: 0 ms
Photoshop Selection Feedback (Prepared) 0.5.0.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
Plugins Panel (Prepared) 1.4.3.0 - from the file "Required Folder"
IC popup message (Loaded) 1.0.0.0
Loaded at: 17108 ms - launch time impact: 0 ms
Multilayer Protection (Loaded) 1.0.0.0
Loaded at: 17113 ms - launch time impact: 0 ms
Discover Panel (Loaded) 3.0.0.26 - from the file "Required Folder"
Loaded at: 19789 ms - launch time impact: 5 ms
Neural Filters (Registered) 1.15.0.79 - from the file "Required Folder"
Scan time: 3 ms - entries: 36

Extensions:

Libraries 1.0.0 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_3_22_9\index.html”
com.adobe.stock.panel.licensing-embedded 1.0.0 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_3_22_9\extensions\stock-panel-licensing\index.html”
com.adobe.capture.extension 2.0.41 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_3_22_9\extensions\capture\capture.html”
Export As 4.8.15 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.photoshop.crema\index.html”
Export As 4.8.15 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.photoshop.crema\index.html”
com.adobe.cclibraries.manager 1.0.0 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\CC_LIBRARIES_PANEL_EXTENSION_3_22_9\manager.html”
Luminosity Masks 1.4.0 - from the file “C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CEP\extensions\com.lummasksbenz.ext\index.html”
ParticleShop 1.0.0 - from the file “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\com.corel.particleshoppanel\index.html”

Installed TWAIN devices: NONE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 24.7.0.643 with photoshop crashing issue, but it manifested itself with a different symptom.  Instead of the tools causing the crash, I cannot save file! Either Save or Save As will take Photoshop a long time at 99%, then the whole program will just crash and close down with no visible error message.

Otherwise the rest of the observation is similar to other users in this thread, all issue pointed to a bug in Photoshop having issue with ntdll.dll. But this issue appeared even before I upgrade to the latest (24.7.0.643) - actually that is why I upgraded.  So the issue is affecting at least the last two versions, and it was onset quite suddenly as I was working with the last version for many weeks previously.

I have already done sfc and dism to fix the dlls, the issue persisted.

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 24.7.0.643, time stamp: 0x64b79394
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3324, time stamp: 0xda4a9f63
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff459
Faulting process ID: 0x3858
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9d3fa85503676
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Photoshop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: affc3e2d-48aa-4c01-82e3-c2bfe537f85d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just an update, rolled back Photoshop back to 24.5.0 and the crash from saving stopped (without doing any other thing, not even reboot!)

This is obviously a very serious bug, can the dev team please look into it?!

Before the expert tell me to subit a crash report - as reported before by other members, it is an unhandled crash and the program completely stopped and closed, there is no chance or option to submit any crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines