• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer handles won't go away

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been using 23.2.0 for a while now on mac, but I have an intermittent issue with layer handles staying on after I submit the changes. Command+Enter. Auto selct is unchecked as well as show transform controls. Tis is really annoying me that I can't figure out why they are staying on.

If anyone has a theory, please let me know. Searches for possibilities are coming up nil.

A jack-of-all-trades is a master of none, but often times better than a master of one.
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try enter instead of cmd-enter. 

Do the handles disappear if you hit esc? 

Wild guess, but … 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no. I just tried all of those individually. I may try doing them in concert...

A jack-of-all-trades is a master of none, but often times better than a master of one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a quick screen record...I'm sure it's something I'm doing. That's usually what it is... LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Jason R. Coleman, I had something like this happening and I turned off Overscroll. How are your settings looking here? Also, I always keep the Show Transform Controls checked on before starting anything, but I'm not sure that makes a difference? 

JainLemos_0-1645728446796.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which one of these specifically it was, but setting mine like yours WORKED!!!!

You rock!

I'll go through and do each at a time to see which exact one it was. So happy. Small wins are good wins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. Maybe “show reference point” is the culprit? Let us know if you figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried to recreate this and alas, I cannot recreate it. However a photoshop patch recently came out and I updated so maybe that had something to do with it. I've gone in and turned every one of these settings off and now I can't make it happen again. The good news is now the layer handles seem to be working as expected.

All of those preferences are on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines