• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Mask Glich Bug in Photoshop (24.3 and older)

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Team at Adobe,

I keep encountering this bug/glitch now for months, and finally decided to file a report.

While editing a picture, randomly my Layer Masks keep getting distorted.
I have no idea how the issue can be reproduced, but happens to me once every 2-3 hours at least.

Please see 01.jpg on how the Mask originally looked.
After doing a few things (retouching, tweaking a few adjustement layers), my mask suddenly got distorted. - See 2.jpg.
After hiding and unhiding the layer, the mask again got (differnetly) distorted - See 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg, 5.jpg
(Every time I hide/unhide the layer, the distortion changes)

The distortion is visible also on the picture, and the full mask: - See 6.jpg, 7.jpg, how the mask itself changes. - You can see parts of the image, and distorted parts.
(Red "censorship" is applied to make sure its SFW.)

This happened me on previous versions of photoshop too, and both on my OLD PC:
Intel i5-760
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 750
Windows 10

And also on my NEW PC:
Intel i7-12700K
64GB RAM
Nvidia RTX 3070
Windows 11

So we can say, its not somethin on my PC, as I had it on both the old and the new, and they are very-very different.

Please look into it.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Hi @NemethR 

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone, I've been seeing this behaviour all the time, too. Since it's happening randomly I thought it would be difficult to replicate (at least for the people here), so I gave up: I close the document and reopen it again.

Beside, I also see that sort of pixelation/distortion while painting the mask (blotchy painting).

My specs are kind of between your two machines (amd 2600x, 1070ti, 64gb ram, win 10). 

Glad to hear I'm not alone, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @NemethR 

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines