• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Mask Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am using CC Photoshop and when using a layer mask I try to delete a section but it now leaves 10-20% of the image and will not mask out 100% of the image. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong as this previously would delete the whole image as it should? Hope someone can help? Regards Pete

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot? How are you making your selection? Could your selection not be 100% selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached I have tried just deleting and have used a brush and each time is leaves a % of the image and will not delete 100% usingg the mask?

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 11.15.26 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to show your entire screen. So you're saying that you're using a brush to delete the area in the mask? If so, is the brush's blend mode set to normal? Is the brush's opacity and flow set to 100%? Is the brush's color set for pure black RGB 0,0,0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All brushes and colours are solid 100%,  image is only on one layer 

What I cannot understand the layer mask worked correctly before?

I am working on a imac Big Slur 11.6

Hope this pic is better

Thanks Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry wrong pic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, that's more helpful. 

What exactly do you think your issue is?

Which layer do you believe is causing problems, and what is that problem?

Try turning off the other layers so you can be sure that what you see on your screen is definitely coming from the remaining layer.

Try Shift clicking the layer mask to disable it temporarily.

Try Ctrl clicking the problem layers icon to select everything on the layer.  Note this will select the entire layer's content and not the area revealed by the layer mask.

Remember that the marching ants only border those pixels that are 50% or more opaque.  Any pixel that is 49% or less transparent will not be contained by the marching ants.

You have a couple of Smart Object layers but we can not see any content from their icons.  SOs can be the source of confusion.  Double click to open them in a new window so you can see exactly what they contain.

Without more specific information I don't think any of us can do more than guess, but the above suggestions might help you home in on your issue.  If you are still stuck, tell us which layer has the issue, and give lots of detail about what you think that issue is.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that the area that has remained unaffected is on a different layer.  Like Chhuck says, we need a full res screen shot of the entire workspace with the layers panel visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines