Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Layer style selections in Photoshop 2022 still has issues.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Photoshop 2022 (23.0.0)

PRESSING A TOOL SHORTCUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER SELECTING A LAYER STYLE SHOULD BOTH ALLOW FOR TOOL SELECTION AND EXIT THE FROM THE HIGHLIGHTED LAYER STYLE MENU SELECTION. BUT IT DOES NOT.

So in prior versions of Windows based photoshop, there was an issue whereby selecting a layer style (say overlay) with the mouse button, it would leave the layer style bar selected, and one could not carry on with the next thing without having to press esc or enter to confirm. It was a significant hindarance to workflow and being met with that annoying warning tone was frustrating. 

Now, with the release of 2022, Adobe, you have clearly attended to this, as carrying on (for the most part) seems to automatically lock in the layer style selection and escape from the menu being highlighted. No more annoying warning tone it seems too. 

However, Adobe, you have fallen short with one thing here, there seems to be one oversight. Using a tool shortcut after making a layer style selection cannot be done and it does NOT escape from the selection, and users still have to either press esc, enter or interact with the image in someway, before they can make a new tool selection with a shortcut. This still slows down workflow! 

The amount of times I want to select a new layer style and then immediately use a shortcut to select a new tool such as the brush, is extreemly frequent, but I can't make that quick selection of a tool, without having to fuss around first. No matter how many times I press a shortcut, it will not change tools after selecting a new layer style. IF YOU FIX THIS you will be significantly improving and enhancing the efficiency of work flow and the user experience. 

I must add too, from my first initial evaluation, 2022 seems to be a lot more snappy and responsive than the well known to be laggy 2021 version. So well done on that Adobe. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?