Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

LAYERS FLATTENED - IS THIS A BUG?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My layered psd file was somehow automatically flattened after saving (this particular one I saved to my iCloud but I save to Droopbox too depending on the client - I am running PS 22.5.0 20210809.r.384 ce617de x64 on Windows 10 21H1-Build 19043.1202. I have been saving my files the exact same way for years and never had a problem. But after I encountered this problem yesterday, just to be safe, I saved a "backup" file to my local harddrive -- I went open it this morning and it was ALSO flattened. I am freaking out. 😞 I had to completely recreate this graphic as it's an ad for a magazine and it's due TODAY. I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else lately, or if maybe I missed the memo on the latest update doing this... is there an "opt out" option? lol Will going back to the previous update recover my layers? I have lost over 30hrs of billable time (that I know of so far, I am terrified to open my other unfinished files) - this is not okay. Please help! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, sorry to hear that...

I would recommend to save incremental files, either automatically using the cloud storage you have, or using a script like: https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/3bYW/increment-save-photoshop-script

If you used Save a copy, there is a checkmark to avoid saving the layers... But it is really convoluted to get to it...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines