• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legacy custom shapes in Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to get to the legacy custom shapes? I don't really need a silhouette of a gorilla, but some of those geometric shapes and word bubbles were things I used all the time and now they seem to be gone. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

If you go Window>Shapes you can load the Legacy Shapes and More.

ws.png

sha.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Thank you so much Jeff, although it took me a minute to realise you meant the 'Window' menu on the toolbar.  I'm sure I'm not alone here.  I kept opening the shape menu on the 'Custom Shape' toolbar.  See screenshot folks, just in case!!  We're all in a hurry these days so it slipped past me too the first time.  FYI its happing for the Brushes too but same solution!Jeff: Windows>Shapes>Restore Legacy or BrushesJeff: Windows>Shapes>Restore Legacy or Brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. You did mention you found your answer with the brusheezy pack, so given the oddities of Catalina, best not to mess with success.

I have a 2012 MBP and won't be going past Mojave, though I know somewhere down the line some version of Photoshop will require that I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2016 MBP had been away yet again for repair (I am now on keyboard/top cover #5 as keyboard/top cover #4 installed in November had a faulty left speaker) while I was away in the USA over Christmas. I noticed there was an update on PS CS 2020 which had become available after I had left my MBP with Apple. I just ran this and thought I would have a look to see if "Legacy shapes and more" had popped up in the Windows pull down menu and to my surprise it had, so I now have a superfluity of Arrow shapes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking at Ps 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go to Window>Shapes and load the Legacy Shapes and More.

sha.png

lg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have Legacy Shapes and More listed in the Window>Shapes panel?

You have to use Windows>Shapes since any other Shape lists like in the tool options bar don't list Legacy Shapes and More.

Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jeff, although it took me a minute to realise you meant the 'Window' menu on the toolbar.  I'm sure I'm not alone here.  I kept opening the shape menu on the 'Custom Shape' toolbar.  See screenshot folks, just in case!!  We're all in a hurry these days so it slipped past me too the first time.  FYI its happing for the Brushes too but same solution!Jeff: Windows>Shapes>Restore Legacy or BrushesJeff: Windows>Shapes>Restore Legacy or Brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the legacy shapes except leaf trees, wild animals and boats exists, which I mean really, who needs those. This guy will give you a download and help walk you through it to get the good and necessary ones back, bad update adobe, come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WK9NlvUt8A    I did this and it's all good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Adobe please restore the old custom shapes for all Mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, to communicate better in the future, the place you crossed with the X is the Options bar (technically, the options panel), the toolbar (tools panel) is the one on the left side of your screen. The place you circled is the Menu, not a toolbar either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😄 LOL, thank you for correcting LDBDesigns. Using incorrect verbiage like this is what gets people confused as to what to do, to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope I did not sound pedantic, my point is to educate on the correct terms, for everyone to get faster answers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't sound pedantic at all. My point is that, this is a community page w/ the intent of clearing up any confuson people might have, so people need to be sure NOT to ADD to the cluster of confusion by using the incorrect verbiage.

So thank you for correcting the incorrect verbiage. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real pro-tip is always in the comments. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff
I have read through all of this information and I have also looked at other threads. I am using the latest version of Photoshop on my mac and ALL I can get are the new, pretty much useless, shapes, unless you're David Attenborough or work for "The World Wildlife Fund".
ALL of the good ones are gone, and when I go to the "Window" tab, as you suggested multiple times, there is NO "Legacy Shapes and More" folder. 
As a few other people here have stated, the only thing I've managed to do so far, is to double up on the shapes I already had, and which are no use to me.
Please help.
Thanks,
Rick
P.S. Could you ask Adobe why they keep fixing things that are NOT broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Windows menu, select Shapes, from there, you will get the shapes panel (or Palette if you want their old names), where you will find the panel menu on the top right, where you will find the legacy shapes, in wich you might have to dig deeper to find the old, old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I did not ask you directly about accessing the legacy files, I want to thank you for putting the steps to find them in clearly. I read your explanation and accessed them straight away after having read a number of other explanations ending up getting nowhere! Thanks, Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!!! I learned something new today. This has been very helpful; thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what you do. 

Go on to the forum and callout the pricks that changed all these basics features that we all used on a daily basis but instead of being able to get on with our lives and do jobs for our friends and clients we've got to waste and extra hour a day talking to Adobe forums looking of he answers..... while paying subscripiton fees

I cannot wait until someone makes a similar program and start learning it cos Adobe have just become pretentous Wan*ers who think these features are not important 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stumbled on this thread. Totally mystified by the idea of "2019 Shapes" and "Legacy shapes", it's funny really. Thanks to those who posted the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a poster has noted, why fix something that isn't broken?, or if you do, give users instructions on how to find the original shapes.

For the money we pay, Adobe is lame.

Besides, Adobe hasn't updated either the filters or shapes since 1832 - not a typo! [get it?] - and programs such as Topaz, Anthropics and NIK left Adobe in the dust a long time ago.

You might thing that Adobe products are elite  . . . But. They. Are. Not.

PS: Opening Creative Cloud is akin to using a 1990's modem, i.e. S.L.O.W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the Windows Shapes option does not give me this popup, only the side bar with trees, boats etc. No option for legacy shapes appears anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MANY THANKS!!!! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MANY MANY THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a feature request to get the entry in the right-click menu, or the option bar's "Gear" local menu.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-add-legacy-presets-in-the-respectiv...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work. There is no option for legacy shapes, just trees (cursing removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines