ps2.JPG

I'm using latest version of Photoshop

ps3.JPG

any advices?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layers panel would be good to see to find out what you are doing as well. It kind of looks like you have it on a different layer and are using an odd blend mode on that layer, but without seeing your layers, its hard to tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no layers at all.. background only

ps4.JPGps5.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the problem appears on images with more than 15000 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I just did it on an image sized over 16000 pixels. Something definitely wrong there. What computer are you on? Maybe it's a weird screen thing? I've tried everything I could think of and can't duplicate the issue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can replicate that here, using Photoshop v20.0.2  and Windows 10 version 1803 and an NVidia GTX1080 on driver version 417.17. Like you said, it appears on images over 15000 pixels wide.

Legacy compositing makes no difference.

I looks like a bug and is worth reporting here : Photoshop Family Customer Community   where Adobe developers will see it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be a windows thing then. I tried over and over to no avail to duplicate it on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting same effect on Mac using Illustrator CC.  Have tried various blending modes. It looks fine in Illustrator, but not in the PDF.

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it's the same issue or not, but the lens flare in the PDF looks horrible in Mac Preview or the Finder's preview, but perfect when opened in Acrobat.

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still running PS7 on Windows 7 Pro with this installation having worked faultlessly well since around 2008. We've used Lens Flare a LOT consistently through that 14 years without any issues, on any size image - but our latest job has done exactly this?? Never seen it before, Preview box shows correctly, when applied the effect is totally thinned out like this. Inexplicable to us, why after 14 years has it suddenly happened (is there any cache storage that's overloaded that we're unaware of/need to empty)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us some more info like what size in pixel dimensions is the document?

What color mode and bit depth?

Is there more than one layer?

A screenshot showing the difference in the Lens Flare dialog and actual result might be helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely can replicate it on the mac side as well with photoshop 2022 (ps ver 23.5.1)

16,000px x 16,000px 8 bits/channel single Background layer filled with black

lf1.png

20,000px x 20,000px 8 bits/channel

lf2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With photoshop 7.0.1 running on a 2001 Power Mac G4 Quicksilver 933 MHZ with Tiger 10.4.11

8000px x 8000px looks pretty close

ps7aa.png

14,000px x 14,000px starting to get pretty crazy

ps7bb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes our results are very similar to those generated above. Document in question here is only 5200 x 3100px in RGB 8-bit. We tried getting Lens Flare to work properly on it's own filled layer (tried all Blend modes), also tried just on the photo layer itself, and other combinations with the same faulty result. Interestingly since our last post here we copied the PSD document, flattened all the photo layers and Lens Flare applied OK at the same Pixel dimension so that's strange (especially as it was previously misbehaving in the same way across 3 separate and much smaller layers). So we're not convinced pixel dimension is necessarily the cause - most curious thing to us is we've use Lens Flare VERY often up to an A3 size 300dpi document (including last time about a week ago) and in 14 years have never had this happen - so....."why now"? Our studio computer is also "Updates Off" so theoretically Windows shouldn't have changed anything OS-wise either. We think this is the first PS fault we've encountered in all that time which is a pretty great recommendation to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines