Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens profile for x-Rays

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 
I found the option of Lens profile correction for some camera lenses. I'm working with x-Ray pictures and I'm interested, if there is a possibility to get a Lens profile for the distortion of the pictures from the detector.

To explain: There a central output point of the x-rays,  the x-rays run through the object and arriving the detector, wich is a flat board 1000x1000px and generates the picture.

Thx in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that can be solved by scripting. Post screenshots to illustrate your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kukurykus,
thank you for your answer. I added a screenshot of an example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are able to make changes on the image, can you also post expected result for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm assuming that rather than an actual lens correction, you are looking for something that would correct the distortion of the image caused by the xray making the object's edges looking larger towards the edges of the detector, as the angle is no longer straight down, like the center if the image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's exactly the point.
The distances and angles of the output point of the x-rays to every single point on the 1000x1000px scale of the detector are every time the same. So in my opinion it might be possible to recalculate it into a straight position. It's not that every detail should be perfect, but it is necessary for me to have a better overview about the real dimensions of the parts in the x-ray pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that's possible. There are several things that would complicate doing something like that, if it's even possible. I have never created a profile, but from my understanding a target grid is photographed. You you'd somehow have to make a grid that would work with xray, perhaps have a metal laser cut grid. The next issue would be how far your emitter is from the detection plate. The distance will change the angle of the xray, at the edges. Lastly, there is the depth of your object. The more depth, the more the edge angle will be accentuated. There are videos on YouTube about creating a profile. You can watch those and see if it would be even possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Chuck Uebele is correct about the difficulties of setting up a profile:

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#Adobe_Lens_Profile_Creator

and take a look at the user guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

Perhaps if you introduced and item, say a 20mm disc in your x-ray as a control

you could use the manual controls in the camera raw filter.

It depends how accurate you need this to be?

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/camera-raw/using/correct-lens-distortions-camera-raw.html

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines