• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Levels adjustment layer undid hue adjustment and levels adjustment on art layer when merged

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 layers. On top is a levels adjustment layer. Next is a hue/saturation adjustment layer. Finally, my raster layer (some liquified art).

I merged the art with the hue layer, and it came out right. Then when I merged that with the levels adjustment layer, and it erased the hue adjustment, along with the levels adjustment.

The art layer is on a transparent background.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you merged the hue/sat adjustment layer did you have the levlels layer turned off? Why are you merging, can you use a smart object instead? Can you post screenshots of the stages?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 2.48.50 PM.png

Funny enough, 15 minutes after I posted this question, I found a workaround 😅 But yes, all the levels were on. I have here 2 layers of liquified art, and sandwiched between them a photo. Each both liquified art had level and hue adjustment layers on top of them. I wanted to adjust the liquified layers without affecting the photo, as you can see above.

Here's what I did: for each liquified layer, I created a new transparent layer below it. I selected the pixels from the liquified layer, and painted that selection black in the new transparant layer. Then I merged all 4 layers for each set of liquified art.

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 2.59.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines