• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Question

Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the Library tool to save color swatches. I put them in a certain order, and Photoshop says "I'm smarter than you, and this totally different order is better." Arggghhhh...

Why does it do that? I tried dragging the squares to the position I want, but they won't budge.

Help!

Scott

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @scotwllm Sorry to see you don't have any replies yet! Yea, I can't get them to budge for a re-sort either. I tried every view within the app and from the Creative Cloud Libraries. Hmmm. You'd think the “Custom order” option would do the trick, but no…. Maybe someone else will have more insight. But I don't think it's possible, other than “reverse order.”

JainLemos_0-1657913467998.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jain. The perplexing aspect is that Photoshop actively sorts the swatches at all. Someone built code to sort what we added to a library without our consent but doesn't state how or why it does that. Someone went out of their way to mess with us. I personally input the first four swatches intending them to be the neutrals for the group, and the rest of the swatches were ordered by hue. Sometimes it's hard to tell which colors are cyan and which are blue. That would make it easier to find a blue when I needed a substitute for blue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines