PS is on the most current software, running on a brand new M1 Mac Mini. When I go to the lighting effects, all of the handles to control the lights do not show up. I am completely stuck on how to fix this. I've deactivated native canvas and reactivated it. Nothing. Tried Show All under View, nothing. Used the app running Rosetta and not running Rosetta, nothing. I used them a week ago, no problem and now they've seemingly disappeared. I'm on the verge of smashing my computer with a baseball bat. This is absolutely critical to my workflow and there seems to be zero remedy to this.
We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while using Lighting Effects. Would you mind telling us which macOS version you're working on? Did you relaunch Photoshop after making the changes to the Preferences (Deactivate Native Canvas)?
Please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions on your Mac by following the steps suggested below:
1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.