• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting effects not working

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a problem with lighting effects for over a month. Photoshop used to use lighting effects PERFECTLY FINE but then one day it stopped working properly. Essentially, lighting effects shows a spot light surrounded by pitchblack and moving the sliders doesn't do anything. Photoshop also started telling me that I didn't have enough ram for the workspace when I try using lighting effects or says that I needed to enable "use graphics processor". For one, Use graphics processor is enabled. Second, I have 12GB VRAM that photoshop is allowed to use and 16GB of on-board ram. I have plenty of HDD space as well. I have installed and updated photoshop multiple times and that never fixed anything. However, I heard about something called a preferences text file that one can check for errors. I tried looking for one but I found a UPICLog instead and this is what it says:

2021-08-13 03:29:35.747 (info): upic::Failed to read plugin info file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP\PluginsInfo\v1\PS.json
2021-08-13 03:29:35.747 (info): upic::Loading plugins from system fallback plugins folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP\Plugins\External
2021-08-13 03:29:35.747 (info): upic::Plugins not found in systemlocation fallback folder.
2021-08-13 03:29:35.747 (info): upic::Failed to read plugin info file: C:\Users\Devin\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsInfo\v1\PS.json
2021-08-13 03:29:35.747 (info): upic::Loading plugins from user fallback plugins folder: C:\Users\Devin\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\Plugins\External
2021-08-13 03:29:35.747 (info): upic::Plugins not found in userlocation fallback folder.

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the adobe cleaner for photoshop and reinstalled photoshop but unfortunately the problem still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines