• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom cc "edit in photoshop" saves to temporary edits folder

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been having an issue where my photoshop edits won't shop up in lightroom after saving.

I use the "edit in photoshop" feature, edit the photo, and save (not save-as).

There are no filters or issues with "stack with original."

I figured out that, after editing, the tiff files are being saved to a "TemporaryEdits" folder within "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary."

I think this issue may have started because my harddrive was completely full, and therefore scratch disk was also full. I removed the files filling up my harddrive so it's fine now, but I don't know if that may have affected this.

I am using Lightroom CC version 5.0

Photoshop version 23.0.2

macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Could you please try updating Photoshop to version 23.1 through the Creative Cloud Desktop app and see if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Sometimes it will save back and it is a stack in Lightroom, other times it will not save back at all. I have to restart Photoshop and find the file in TemporaryEdits folder again and work from there. Using 23.1.1 on Macbook Pro 2021 M1Max Monterey 12.0.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any recommendations yet?! Im having the smae issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 23.3.1 on MacOS and I'm seeing the same behavior. The "edit in Photoshop" feature never works. I have to manually save a copy and manually import back into lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sahil, any update on this? I am seeing the same issue as others above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. This still happens now....

Also i lost 3 tiffs, that are completely gone 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did you find an answer to your problem? I am experiencing exactly the same problem - I am presently on a the free 7 day trial of LR and Photoshop. I edit my files and save them and they are then placed in a Temporary edits folder . When I close Photoshop and return to Loightroom the origianl unedited image is there but not the saved edited one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as this is driving me mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I had to uninstall and reinstall both the programs. But remember to keep
the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines