Lightroom - Edit In > Photoshop - No dialog with "Edit original"

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually upload my edited JPGs into lightroom just as a host to organize myself while I do the final edits in photoshop. With the JPGs they used to ask if I wanted to Edit Original or make a copy or one other option. This doesn't work anymore and now they automatically turn into tiff files? This only started like last week. I thought I could figure it out but it isn't working. I can obviously just work from the original files but I usually delete the images from my lightroom collection when they are complete so I remember where I am up to. Sigh.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those options never appear in Lightroom.   ( Only in Lightroom-Classic).

Lightroom will always create a TIF file from [Edit in Ps].

Please explain more what you are doing by "delete the images".

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.5 Photoshop 23.5.1, ACR 14.5, Lightroom 5.5, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.3, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit in will only allow for TIFF or PSD but yes, you're on the track that JPEG isn't an option. 

tjkaberry, this is what you need to be looking for in preferences:

EditIn.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Save time with Adobe Express quick actions