• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lines are not smooth. Made of smaller straight lines.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. When I draw lines in photoshop with any brush, on any device, the lines are not smooth but are made up of smaller straight lines. I thought it was a tablet problem, but it happens with my mouse as well. I tried searching all over for this problem, but I can't find anything about it. Maybe I just wasn't searching for the right things. All drivers and photoshop are up to date. I have restarted. The program is running well on good hardware. I'm just not sure what's going on here. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't figure it out. I'd really like to draw today haha. Thank you.

Attatched are lines drawn with my Wacom tablet (left side) and my mouse (right side)

 

Megumin Drawing.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brush Settings, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is with all that stuff. It could certainly be a windows problem too but I can't figure it out. I've tried so many things and nothing helps.

MouseDontWork.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried using Photoshop’s Smoothing (second from the bottom in the Brush Settings Panel’s list on the left side)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines